@ wiki admin

Caleb Cushing
so I created a wiki account the other day but it never sent me a
password, and didn't allow me to set my own (which would be the right
thing to do) so I can't login to my account to make updates. help
would be appreciated.

--
Caleb Cushing

Re: @ wiki admin

Earnie Boyd

Quoting Caleb Cushing <[hidden email]>:

> so I created a wiki account the other day but it never sent me a
> password, and didn't allow me to set my own (which would be the right
> thing to do) so I can't login to my account to make updates. help
> would be appreciated.

Check your SPAM folder.  I've not seen any mail distribution errors
come to me.

Re: @ wiki admin

Caleb Cushing
> Check your SPAM folder.

mind telling me what I'm looking for? I did check spam like the day I
sent it didn't see anything. but with over 1000 in the folder i could
have missed it. search for mingw doesn't find anything in spam.

>  I've not seen any mail distribution errors
>  come to me.

well as far as I can tell the mail wasn't sent. doesn't mean I know
where it failed. I don't have admin rights to the server.
--
Caleb Cushing

Re: @ wiki admin

Earnie Boyd

Quoting Caleb Cushing <[hidden email]>:

>> Check your SPAM folder.
>
> mind telling me what I'm looking for? I did check spam like the day I
> sent it didn't see anything. but with over 1000 in the folder i could
> have missed it. search for mingw doesn't find anything in spam.

Search for mingw.  That should be unique enough to narrow the list.

>>  I've not seen any mail distribution errors
>>  come to me.
>
> well as far as I can tell the mail wasn't sent. doesn't mean I know
> where it failed. I don't have admin rights to the server.

It was delivered to your email address.  Have you tried asking for a
new password?

Re: @ wiki admin

Keith Marshall
On Monday 13 October 2008 21:30:38 Earnie Boyd wrote:
> > well as far as I can tell the mail wasn't sent. doesn't mean I
> > know where it failed. I don't have admin rights to the server.
>
> It was delivered to your email address.

Are you certain of this, Earnie?  There is a backlog of some 225 new
user accounts registered in the last three weeks, not one of whom has
ever logged in to the site, since registering.  That seems strange.
I wonder if the recent SF server migration may have clobbered
something, besides the old MinGWiki?

Re: @ wiki admin

Caleb Cushing
>  > It was delivered to your email address.
>

> Are you certain of this, Earnie?  There is a backlog of some 225 new
>  user accounts registered in the last three weeks, not one of whom has
>  ever logged in to the site, since registering.  That seems strange.
>  I wonder if the recent SF server migration may have clobbered
>  something, besides the old MinGWiki?

yeah that would be my guess. I've never tried setting up SF stuff so I
have no idea what you have access to. But, being more of a System
Administrator than developer, perhaps I can help you sort the problem
out?

--
Caleb Cushing

Re: @ wiki admin

Earnie Boyd

Quoting Caleb Cushing <[hidden email]>:

>>  > It was delivered to your email address.
>>

>> Are you certain of this, Earnie?  There is a backlog of some 225 new
>>  user accounts registered in the last three weeks, not one of whom has
>>  ever logged in to the site, since registering.  That seems strange.
>>  I wonder if the recent SF server migration may have clobbered
>>  something, besides the old MinGWiki?
>>

> yeah that would be my guess. I've never tried setting up SF stuff so I
> have no idea what you have access to. But, being more of a System
> Administrator than developer, perhaps I can help you sort the problem
> out?

Yes, I was wrong.  See http://sourceforge.net/docs/E07#email for a
remedy.  I've set the system to allow for a password.  I'll have
further discussion on the developers list.