using 3rd party MSVC C++ DLL

fkater@googlemail.com
Hi,

I try to use a 3rd party C++ DLL which was created by MSVC
for MS Windows.  The shipped lib files were not suitable for
mingw32-g++ (unresolved symbols), so I created my own using
a handmade def file with aliases to satisfy the compiler +
linker.  However, upon execution, MS Windows can't find the
function's entry point (displaying the alias name (!) which
is of course not in the DLL).

Should this work at all? Or is it hopeless anyway?

This is what dumpbin /EXPORTS says about the DLL:

?read_image@Falcon@@YAIPAVFobject@1@ABVFTuple@1@@Z

This is how my def file aliases look like:

EXPORTS
?read_image@Falcon@@YAIPAVFobject@1@ABVFTuple@1@@Z
_ZN6Falcon10read_imageEPNS_7FobjectEPKc =
  ?read_image@Falcon@@YAIPAVHobject@1@ABVFTuple@1@@Z

Thanks for any hint!
Felix

Re: using 3rd party MSVC C++ DLL

Greg Chicares
On 2008-10-10 16:55Z, [hidden email] wrote:

> I try to use a 3rd party C++ DLL which was created by MSVC
> for MS Windows.  The shipped lib files were not suitable for
> mingw32-g++ (unresolved symbols), so I created my own [...]

  http://www.google.com/search?q=mixingcompilers+mingw
leads you to
  www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/MixingCompilers
but that wiki isn't working at the moment, so use the
link to google's cache.