unhandled win32 exception in ld.exe (mingw)

unhandled win32 exception in ld.exe (mingw)

ran a
I'm building a win32 program with mingw and the linker throws an exception ("unhandled win32 exception occured in ld.exe)
There are other libraries and executables the build fine, and also this program builds properly using the ms tools (cl.exe, link etc.)

If anyone encountered a similar problem, or has some useful tips for pinpointing this problem, I'll be grateful

Ran