strlcat

Douglass, Woodrow

Hello all!

     I was working on a project using MinGW today and noticed that there’s no strlcat prototype in string.h. Is there a reason for this? Is there an implementation elsewhere in MinGW?

Thanks,

Woody

2) Thread hijacking

Re: strlcat

Jonathan Schleifer-4
"Douglass, Woodrow" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>      I was working on a project using MinGW today and noticed that
> there's no strlcat prototype in string.h. Is there a reason for this?
> Is there an implementation elsewhere in MinGW?

Unfortunately, strlcat is not part of the C99 standard, but a BSD
extension instead. You could of course include the implementation from
one of the BSDs in your project. glibc doesn't have strl* either.

--
Jonathan

2) Thread hijacking