Quantcast

reimp and/or dlltool broken

Davide Coppola
hi,
I'm trying to use reimp to convert SDL_image.lib (SDL_image 1.2.10)
and SDL_ttf.lib (SDL_ttf 2.0.9), but reimp always terminates with the
following error message:
"invalid or corrupt import library"

I'm working on a Vista SP2 machine and I just installed all the latest
MinGW packages last night.

I had the same problem 4 months ago, but I sorted it out compiling and
installing mingw-utils-0.4-1 from MSYS, unfortunately this time the
trick doesn't seem to work.
I also tried to recompile binutils-2.20.1, but that didn't help either.

Any suggestion? Should I fill a bug report?

--
Davide "M3xican" Coppola

email: [hidden email]
web: http://www.m3xbox.com
twitter: vivaladav

Re: reimp and/or dlltool broken

gbburkhardt@verizon.net
I've just had the same experience, and posted a bug report here:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3120866&group_id=2435&atid=102435

The release binary for mingw-utils 0.4-1 didn't work, but compiling from the source created a usable 'reimp', and mingw-utils 0.3 binaries work out of the box.

Re: reimp and/or dlltool broken

Volker Grabsch
[hidden email] <[hidden email]> schrieb:

> I've just had the same experience, and posted a bug report here:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3120866&group_id=2435&atid=102435
>
> The release binary for mingw-utils 0.4-1 didn't work, but compiling from the
> source created a usable 'reimp', and mingw-utils 0.3 binaries work out of
> the box.

FWIW, I proposed a patch for mingw-utils two days ago:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3119898&group_id=2435&atid=102435

Using that patch, you can build and use the reimp tool on any platform,
not just Windows.

Greets,
Volker

--
Volker Grabsch
---<<(())>>---

Re: reimp and/or dlltool broken

Charles Wilson-2
On 11/27/2010 8:07 PM, Volker Grabsch wrote:
> FWIW, I proposed a patch for mingw-utils two days ago:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3119898&group_id=2435&atid=102435
>
> Using that patch, you can build and use the reimp tool on any platform,
> not just Windows.

Thanks, I committed this to CVS. It'll be in the next mingw-utils
release.  However, it doesn't fix the OP's problem, unfortunately.

--
Chuck

On 11/27/2010 4:43 PM, wrote:
> I've just had the same experience, and posted a bug report here:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3120866&group_id=2435&atid=102435
>
> The release binary for mingw-utils 0.4-1 didn't work, but compiling from the
> source created a usable 'reimp', and mingw-utils 0.3 binaries work out of
> the box.

Turns out the problem was an optimizer bug in gcc-4.5.0 -- so,
naturally, the 0.3 binaries (built using gcc-3.4.5) worked fine.  And,
recompiling using perhaps some version of gcc OTHER than 4.5.0 fixed it
for you.

I've checked in a fix to force reimp to be compiled at -O0 for now.

However, it's not clear that this fixes the OP's problem with
SDL_image.lib and SDL_ttf.lib -- although it does fix the problem with
your emacepl.lib example.

Davide: can you build mingw-util from CVS, and test the result?

--
Chuck