Quantcast

problem when linking a lib generated with mingw with a VC++ application

problem when linking a lib generated with mingw with a VC++ application

Andreas Fabri
Hello,

I  build a library (GMP) with gcc under mingw.
I link it with a C++ application compiled with VC8.
It compiles and links without any warning.

Depending on whether I have installed the service pack ( = patch) for VC8
different things happen, when I want to run the executable.

Without service pack it just runs.

With service pack I get a "Permission denied".

Looking at the manifest file I get only one dependentAssembly in the first case

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes'?>
<assembly xmlns='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' manifestVersion='1.0'>
   <dependency>
     <dependentAssembly>
       <assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.VC80.CRT' version='8.0.50608.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b' />
     </dependentAssembly>
   </dependency>
</assembly>

and a second one in the other case.  (I don't have the manifest file on this machine, but
the version number is different.)

My guess is that the runtime library in mingw and in the SP are not the same.

What is the clean solution to this problem.

thanks in advance,

andreas