on cc1.exe freezes on windows10

Daniel Bastos
I use mingw currently on two windows systems, a windows10 and a
windows8.  On windows8, I compile programs with no problems.  On
windows10, trying to compile the same programs often causes cc1.exe to
freeze.  (Also I notice a much longer period during compilation.)

Here's a lucky run, where cc1.exe froze just once.  It froze compiling
scan_in32.c.  I kill the process and restart.  I've been working like
this for a while; it's painful.

%make
gcc  -g -Wall -c qsort.c
gcc -g -Wall -c strerr.c
gcc -g -Wall -c scan_int32.c
Makefile:60: recipe for target 'scan_int32.o' failed
make: *** [scan_int32.o] Error 1
%make
gcc -g -Wall -c scan_int32.c
gcc -g -Wall -c sort.c
gcc -g -Wall -c list.c
ar cr sort.a sort.o scan_int32.o list.o
gcc -o qsort qsort.o strerr.o sort.a
gcc  -g -Wall -c msort.c
gcc -o msort msort.o strerr.o sort.a
gcc  -g -Wall -c isort.c
gcc -o isort isort.o strerr.o sort.a
gcc  -g -Wall -c binsearch.c
gcc -o binsearch binsearch.o strerr.o list.o scan_int32.o -lm
%

On windows8, I guarantee I only installed these.  (They're working
fine.)

libgmp-5.1.2-1-mingw32-dll-10.tar
libmpfr-3.1.2-2-mingw32-dll-4.tar
libintl-0.18.3.2-2-mingw32-dll-8.tar.xz
mingwrt-3.21.1-mingw32-dll.tar.xz
w32api-3.17-2-mingw32-dev.tar.lzma
mingwrt-3.21.1-mingw32-dev.tar.xz
binutils-2.25.1-1-mingw32-bin.tar.xz
libmpc-1.0.2-mingw32-dll-3.tar.xz
libquadmath-4.9.3-1-mingw32-dll-0.tar.xz
libiconv-1.14-3-mingw32-dll-2.tar
libgcc-4.9.3-1-mingw32-dll-1.tar.xz
libz-1.2.8-1-mingw32-dll-1.tar
gdb-7.6.1-1-mingw32-bin.tar.lzma
make-3.82.90-2-mingw32-cvs-20120902-bin.tar.lzma
gcc-4.9.3-1-mingw32-lic.tar.xz
gcc-core-4.9.3-1-mingw32-bin.tar.xz
mingw32-base-2013072200-mingw32-bin.meta

On windows10, I seem to have only

  mingw32-base-2013072200-mingw32-bin.meta.

(I copied this string by hand from mingw-get.exe.)  This meta package
seems to include all the packages above, but I can't confirm this.

So, anyway, it seems to be something particularly related to windows10.
I'd love to get you guys' wisdom on this one.  I really appreciate it!

Thank you!