missing SHCreateStdEnumFmtEtc ?

Vincent Torri

Hey,

I'm implementing a drag and drop system, and from all the doc i read, I
need SHCreateStdEnumFmtEtc (btw, if someone knows how i can implement
DnD without that functionn, i would be pleased to know how).

The function does not seem to exist in mingw.

The msdn doc is here:

It is said that the minimum operating system is windows 2000.

So is it normal that that function is missing ?

Vincent

Re: missing SHCreateStdEnumFmtEtc ?

Greg Chicares
On 2008-11-16 19:49Z, Vincent Torri wrote:

> I'm implementing a drag and drop system, and from all the doc i read, I
> need SHCreateStdEnumFmtEtc (btw, if someone knows how i can implement
> DnD without that functionn, i would be pleased to know how).

I'm assuming DragAcceptFiles and WM_DROPFILES aren't adequate for
your purposes. As for SHCreateStdEnumFmtEtc:

http://www.catch22.net/tuts/dragdrop/4

| Unfortunately this API call only exists on Windows 2000 and above,
| so unless you are prepared to drop support for any older version
| of Windows, we still have to implement IEnumFORMATETC. What we
| will do though, is write a drop-in replacement version of
| SHCreateStdEnumFmtEtc [...]

Or you could use the msdn reference you've found to add support
for SHCreateStdEnumFmtEtc to w32api.

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008, Greg Chicares wrote:

> On 2008-11-16 19:49Z, Vincent Torri wrote:
>>
>> I'm implementing a drag and drop system, and from all the doc i read, I
>> need SHCreateStdEnumFmtEtc (btw, if someone knows how i can implement
>> DnD without that functionn, i would be pleased to know how).
>
> I'm assuming DragAcceptFiles and WM_DROPFILES aren't adequate for
> your purposes. As for SHCreateStdEnumFmtEtc:
>
>> It is said that the minimum operating system is windows 2000.
>
> http://www.catch22.net/tuts/dragdrop/4

That web site can indeed help me a lot

> | Unfortunately this API call only exists on Windows 2000 and above,
> | so unless you are prepared to drop support for any older version
> | of Windows, we still have to implement IEnumFORMATETC. What we
> | will do though, is write a drop-in replacement version of
> | SHCreateStdEnumFmtEtc [...]
>
> Or you could use the msdn reference you've found to add support
> for SHCreateStdEnumFmtEtc to w32api.

I fear that's a bit beyond my skills.

Vincent