Quantcast

mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for

mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for

katto01
I have all these files in one directory:

DBESS.For
DFSS-A.F
DGAUSSJ.F
DSUB.F
LUBANDED.FOR
PG1DMULT.F

I use this bat file MAKEPFSS.BAT which looks like this:

mingw32-make.exe  dfss-a.f pg1dmult.F dsub.f lubanded.for dgaussj.f dbess.for >PFSS.OUT

when I run it I get this:

mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for `dfss-a.f'.
mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for `pg1dmult.F'.
mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for `dsub.f'.
mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for `lubanded.for'.
mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for `dgaussj.f'.
mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for `dbess.for'.

I use a 64 bit PC with Windows 7 Ultimate

I am at lost here. Any advise?

Thank you

Katto01

Re: mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for

Greg Chicares
On 2011-06-26 20:36Z, katto01 wrote:

> mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for `dfss-a.f'.
> mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for `pg1dmult.F'.
> mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for `dsub.f'.
> mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for `lubanded.for'.

Those appear to be source files. Presumably the makefile has no rule
to create them, so they're regarded as up to date and there's nothing
to be done for them. If you specified (e.g.) 'dfss-a.o' on the 'make'
command line, then typically it would compile the corresponding source
file to an object file. Makefiles usually can build an executable
binary if you just specify its name; using 'make' to build isolated
object files is possible, but not common usage.

RE: mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for

katto01
all I want is to produce an executable

based on your last message
I did this

mingw32-make.exe dfss-a.o pg1dmult.o dsub.o lubanded.o dgaussj.o dbess.o

and got this

C:\Users\tuli\Documents\total\MAKEPFSS>mingw32-make.exe dfss-a.
.o lubanded.o dgaussj.o dbess.o rr.exe
mingw32-make.exe: `dfss-a.o' is up to date.
mingw32-make.exe: `pg1dmult.o' is up to date.
mingw32-make.exe: `dsub.o' is up to date.
mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for `lubanded.o'.
mingw32-make.exe: `dgaussj.o' is up to date.
mingw32-make.exe: *** No rule to make target `dbess.o'.  Stop.

no executable

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 15:51:52 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for

http://mingw-users.1079350.n2.nabble.com/mingw32-make-exe-Nothing-to-be-done-for-tp6518095p6518334.html
To unsubscribe from mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for, click here.

Re: mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for

katto01
All I want is to get an executable

I used this:

mingw32-make.exe dfss-a.o pg1dmult.o dsub.o lubanded.o dgaussj.o dbess.o

and got this

C:\Users\tuli\Documents\total\MAKEPFSS>mingw32-make.exe dfss-a.o pg1dmult.o dsub .o lubanded.o dgaussj.o dbess.o
f77   -c -o dfss-a.o DFSS-A.F
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, f77 -c -o dfss-a.o DFSS-A.F, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
mingw32-make.exe: *** [dfss-a.o] Error 2