mingw32-configure.exe?

Matthew Heyse
I use mingw 20120426,  on win xp sp3

I'm trying to compile a program from source. It requires the use of
CMAKE and the QT framework, neither of which I have ever used before.

When I run [cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" <codebase>],  I get a no errors
and a Makefile.   If I run make, it downloads the optional LibXMLSec,
then it attempts to run the command "mingw32-configure"

If I disable xmlsec,   it moves on to OpenJpeg  which also attempts to
run "mingw32-configure".

I do not have "mingw32-configure",  the mingw site has no hits for a
search on "mingw32-configure",  most web hits for "mingw32-configure"
call it a wrapper and are usually talking about Fedora/SUSE.

Before you chastise me for using a nearly 2 year out-of-date version
of minGW,  it contains gcc 4.6,  which is too new for QT4  (says it
requires gcc 4.4).  If I read the archives correctly I should be using
minGW from 2009-06....   But I'm seeing if it will work with 4.6...

The error is:
[  1%] Performing configure step for '09_OpenJPEG'
'mingw32-configure' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Setup:
Win Xp SP3
mingw-get-inst-20120426.exe
OpenDCP  (current)
cmake-2.8.12.2-win32-x86.exe
qt-win-opensource-4.8.5-mingw.exe (4x is required, 4.8 is recommended)
patch-2.5.9-7-bin.zip    (was the first undocumented bump I hit)

Thanks,
Matt

Re: mingw32-configure.exe?

George Koehler
On 2/19/2014 7:05 PM, Matthew Heyse wrote:
> The error is:
> [  1%] Performing configure step for '09_OpenJPEG'
> 'mingw32-configure' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

There is no program called mingw32-configure.

If no person has answered your email for the last few weeks, it is
probably because no person has anything to say about mingw32-configure,
because it never existed. I have the latest MinGW (with gcc 4.8.1) and I
installed the extra languages, so I have mingw32-g++, mingw32-gfortran,
and mingw32-gnat, but no mingw32-configure.

Something is broken, either in cmake, or in the package that you are
building. Perhaps it meant to run 'configure' (which is a shell script
in many packages), not 'mingw32-configure'?

--George Koehler

Re: mingw32-configure.exe?

ramprasad85
just create the file "mingw32-configure" in mingw/bin folder and type in  ./configure "$@"