mingw-get source missing package

12

Re: mingw-get source missing package

Keith Marshall
On 14/11/11 23:29, Hoyt, David wrote:
> gdb license is also having issues it seems:
>
> mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/gdb-7.3.1-1-mingw32-lic.tar.lzma?download: opened with unexpected status: code = 404
> mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** please report this to the mingw-get maintainer
> mingw-get.exe: *** ERROR *** Get package: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/gdb-7.3.1-1-mingw32-lic.tar.lzma?download: download failed

You didn't show the command you issued, but I'm guessing:

$ mingw-get licence --all-related gdb

Without the "all-related" option, I can't reproduce this; gdb doesn't
provide a -lic package, and the catalogue directs mingw-get to retrieve
licence information from the -doc package instead:

$ mingw-get licence gdb
fixme:wininet:InternetAttemptConnect Stub
mingw-get.exe: *** ERROR ***
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/gdb-7.3.1-1-mingw32-doc.tar.lzma?download:cannot
open URL
mingw-get.exe: *** ERROR *** Get package:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/gdb-7.3.1-1-mingw32-doc.tar.lzma?download:
download failed

Yes, the download fails, but that's because I'm running without an
internet connection; the host file has been correctly identified as
gdb-7.3.1-1-mingw32-doc.tar.lzma, NOT gdb-7.3.1-1-mingw32-lic.tar.lzma
as in your case.

Notice:

$ mingw-get licence --print-uris gdb
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/gdb-7.3.1-1-mingw32-doc.tar.lzma?download

is correct, but:

$ mingw-get licence --print-uris --all-related gdb
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-lic.tar.lzma?download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/gcc-4.6.1-2-mingw32-lic.tar.lzma?download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/gettext-0.18.1.1-2-mingw32-lic.tar.lzma?download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/expat-2.0.1-1-mingw32-lic.tar.gz?download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/gdb-7.3.1-1-mingw32-doc.tar.lzma?download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/gdb-7.3.1-1-mingw32-lic.tar.lzma?download

adds the incorrect -lic association, while still correctly identifying
the -doc association, and also adding the correct dependency references.

So, what's going on here?  'mingw-get licence gdb' says "resolve the
licence associations, for EVERY component of the gdb package"; that
includes gdb-bin AND gdb-doc, (the only two components specified by the
package maintainer, in this case).  Now, gdb-bin has EXPLICIT per
release licence associations, which resolve to the -doc component
package; hence the correct licence association is identified.  However,
gdb-doc has no licence association at all, not even a generic per
PACKAGE fallback; thus mingw-get generates an IMPLIED association,
substituting -lic for the component field (-doc), resulting in the
incorrect association in this case.

This is NOT, as Chuck may have suggested, a bug in mingw-get:

> That appears to be a bug in mingw-get.  It seems to assume that all
> licence elements will have the component value "-lic", but gdb doesn't.
> It actually has per-release <licence/> and <source/> elements, and the
> <licence/> element is actually the -doc component.

No, mingw-get is behaving as intended.  The bug is in mingw32-gdb.xml,
which specifies NO licence association AT ALL for the gdb-doc component;
this IMPLIES a STANDARD association to 'gdb-%-mingw32-%-lic.tar.%', but
gdb does not conform to this standard; thus mingw32-gdb.xml needs to add
an explicit (non-standard) licence association for its orphaned -doc
component.

I'll fix that later tonight.

On 10/11/11 23:46, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:

> On 10 November 2011 16:30, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> On 10 November 2011 13:29, Keith Marshall wrote:
>>> Cesar (Strauss) and Chris (Sutcliffe), are you following this?  We need
>>> YOU to fix these:
>>>
>>> - msys-mintty.xml.lzma is mode 644, and owned by ir0nh34d; Chris,
>>>  will you please perform similar honours for it.
>>
>> I'll take care of this tonight.  I would also suggest validating the
>> group as well.  I've noticed weird and wonderful things if you upload
>> directly (via sftp) vs. their web based UI.
>
> Fixed in FRS now.

I guess you mean you adjusted the permissions, but neglected to replace
the obsolete file in FRS -- we're still serving the incorrect version
from 2011-07-31.

On 15/11/11 14:09, Keith Marshall wrote:
> On 10/11/11 23:46, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> Fixed in FRS now.
>
> I guess you mean you adjusted the permissions, but neglected to replace
> the obsolete file in FRS -- we're still serving the incorrect version
> from 2011-07-31.

In fact, on making a further attempt to replace the bad file via sftp,
at 20h30 GMT today, I find that it is still mode 644 and owned by you.

I've since found that the web interface allows me to steal ownership of
the file.  Thus I have now replaced it, with the correct copy, owned by
me and with mode 664, (as it should be).

On 15/11/11 08:24, Keith Marshall wrote:
> On 14/11/11 23:29, Hoyt, David wrote:
>> mintty is still not working as per my previous post.
>
> Ack.
>
>> gdb license is also having issues it seems:
>
> I'll take a look.  Thanks for the heads-up.

I've now uploaded corrections for both; should work properly after
they've percolated to the mirrors.

Re: mingw-get source missing package

Charles Wilson-2
On 11/15/2011 4:07 PM, Keith Marshall wrote:
> I've since found that the web interface allows me to steal ownership of
> the file.

Ah, that's good to know.  I wonder how long that will last.

--
Chuck

Re: mingw-get source missing package

Chris Sutcliffe-2
On 15 November 2011 16:07, Keith Marshall wrote:

> On 15/11/11 14:09, Keith Marshall wrote:
>> On 10/11/11 23:46, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>>> Fixed in FRS now.
>>
>> I guess you mean you adjusted the permissions, but neglected to replace
>> the obsolete file in FRS -- we're still serving the incorrect version
>> from 2011-07-31.
>
> In fact, on making a further attempt to replace the bad file via sftp,
> at 20h30 GMT today, I find that it is still mode 644 and owned by you.
>
> I've since found that the web interface allows me to steal ownership of
> the file.  Thus I have now replaced it, with the correct copy, owned by
> me and with mode 664, (as it should be).

Whoops, adjusted the permissions on the actual packages (which were
also 644) but forgot to update the manifest in the catalogue.

Sorry about that.

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org

Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 11/15/2011 4:07 PM, Keith Marshall wrote:
>> I've since found that the web interface allows me to steal ownership of
>> the file.
>
> Ah, that's good to know.  I wonder how long that will last.

They're now using Python services.  They're slowly moving everyone to
the new interface but some of the services such as the FRS are already
using the new allura based SF.  That being said allura is in beta status
so changes are occurring weekly so who knows when it'll break.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/allura/

-- https://sites.google.com/site/earnieboyd/

12