mingw-get source missing package

12

mingw-get source missing package

dhoyt

Hi there,

Here’s a command I issued and the resulting error message:

$ mingw-get --all-related source msys-vim

mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/msysCORE-1.0.17-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar?download: opened with unexpected status: code = 404

mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** please report this to the mingw-get maintainer

mingw-get.exe: *** ERROR *** Get package: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/msysCORE-1.0.17-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar?download: download failed

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/libiconv-1.14-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar.lzma?download

4.20 MB / 4.20 MB       |================================================| 100%

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/termcap-0.20050421_1-2-msys-1.0.13-src.tar.lzma?download

67.83 kB / 67.83 kB     |================================================| 100%

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/gettext-0.18.1.1-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar.lzma?download

14.41 MB / 14.41 MB     |================================================| 100%

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/vim-7.3-2-msys-1.0.16-src.tar.lzma?download

6.68 MB / 6.68 MB       |================================================| 100%

As you can see, other package sources download fine, but msys core seems to be having problems. I issued the command again just to be sure that there wasn’t some CDN issue – but it failed with the same error. Just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Re: mingw-get source missing package

Charles Wilson-2
On 11/8/2011 2:08 PM, Hoyt, David wrote:

> Here’s a command I issued and the resulting error message:
>
> $ mingw-get --all-related source msys-vim
>
> mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING ***
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/msysCORE-1.0.17-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar?download:
> opened with unexpected status: code = 404
>
> mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** please report this to the mingw-get
> maintainer
>
> mingw-get.exe: *** ERROR *** Get package:
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/msysCORE-1.0.17-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar?download:
> download failed

This looks like another bug in the manifest.  msys-core.xml SHOULD say this:

     <source tarname="msysCORE-%-msys-%-src.tar.%" />
     <licence tarname="msysCORE-%-msys-%-lic.tar.%" />

(note the trailing .%) -- but instead it says this:

     <source tarname="msysCORE-%-msys-%-src.tar" />
     <licence tarname="msysCORE-%-msys-%-lic.tar" />

this was a recent mingw-get requirement change, and I thought we updated
all the affected manifests but looks like we missed a few:

        msys-core   -- Cesar
        msys-bash   -- me
        msys-mintty -- Andy

Thanks for the report.

--
Chuck

Re: mingw-get source missing package

Earnie Boyd
Charles Wilson wrote:

> On 11/8/2011 2:08 PM, Hoyt, David wrote:
>> Here’s a command I issued and the resulting error message:
>>
>> $ mingw-get --all-related source msys-vim
>>
>> mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING ***
>> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/msysCORE-1.0.17-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar?download:
>> opened with unexpected status: code = 404
>>
>> mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** please report this to the mingw-get
>> maintainer
>>
>> mingw-get.exe: *** ERROR *** Get package:
>> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/msysCORE-1.0.17-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar?download:
>> download failed
>
> This looks like another bug in the manifest.  msys-core.xml SHOULD say this:
>
>      <source tarname="msysCORE-%-msys-%-src.tar.%" />
>      <licence tarname="msysCORE-%-msys-%-lic.tar.%" />

It does in CVS; maybe it didn't make the FRS release.

-- http://www.for-my-kids.com

On 08/11/11 19:40, Charles Wilson wrote:
> this was a recent mingw-get requirement change, and I thought we updated
> all the affected manifests but looks like we missed a few:

Well, I just blitzed the entire corpus with a sed regex substitution...

> msys-core   -- Cesar
> msys-bash   -- me
> msys-mintty -- Andy

...so I guess these three didn't match for some reason, and I failed
to notice.  Or, the wild card sftp upload I followed up with choked on
these three, and I failed to notice that.  Apologies.

> Thanks for the report.

Seconded.

On 08/11/11 20:10, Earnie wrote:
>> This looks like another bug in the manifest.  msys-core.xml SHOULD say this:
>>
>>      <source tarname="msysCORE-%-msys-%-src.tar.%" />
>>      <licence tarname="msysCORE-%-msys-%-lic.tar.%" />
>
> It does in CVS; maybe it didn't make the FRS release.

Which suggests that my sed regex worked, and it was the bulk sftp upload
which choked.

Re: mingw-get source missing package

Keith Marshall
On 08/11/11 20:25, Keith Marshall wrote:

> On 08/11/11 20:10, Earnie wrote:
>>> This looks like another bug in the manifest.  msys-core.xml SHOULD say this:
>>>
>>>      <source tarname="msysCORE-%-msys-%-src.tar.%" />
>>>      <licence tarname="msysCORE-%-msys-%-lic.tar.%" />
>>
>> It does in CVS; maybe it didn't make the FRS release.
>
> Which suggests that my sed regex worked, and it was the bulk sftp upload
> which choked.

In fact, my own sandbox copies show that the sed substitution had been
correctly applied in each of these three cases:

>>> msys-core   -- Cesar
>>> msys-bash   -- me
>>> msys-mintty -- Andy

I've pushed them to FRS again.

Re: mingw-get source missing package

dhoyt
> This looks like another bug in the manifest.

These things happen to everyone. Thanks for looking into it so quickly -- it's much appreciated.

Have the catalogs been updated then?

> Thanks for the report.

Happy to help in what little way I can. Everyone's hard work and long hours on the project is much appreciated -- please remember that and don't forget that your community supports all that you do!

Cheers,
- David

On 11/8/2011 4:49 PM, Hoyt, David wrote:
> Have the catalogs been updated then?

The three msys-* manifests with the "missing source" problem have been
updated correctly, and have now had enough time to propagate to the
various mirrors.

I just now updated the mingw32-gettext.xml manifest to correct the
missing dependencies on libstdc++ and libgomp.  However, it may take
some time for the updated version to propagate to the mirrors. Minutes
to hours.

--
Chuck

Re: mingw-get source missing package

dhoyt
> The three msys-* manifests with the "missing source" problem have been
updated correctly ...

Thank you very much for resolving that so quickly.

Cheers,
- David

On 09/11/11 17:14, Hoyt, David wrote:
>> The three msys-* manifests with the "missing source" problem have
>> been updated correctly ...
>
> Thank you very much for resolving that so quickly.

You're welcome.  Having established that the three offending files were
actually correct in my build sandbox, uploading them again was all that
was required.

Re: mingw-get source missing package

dhoyt
> Having established that the three offending files were
> actually correct in my build sandbox, uploading them again was all that
> was required.

I'm unsure if it's the mirror I've been assigned to or what -- but I haven't seen the update yet. I've updated my catalogs and re-run "mingw-get --all-related source msys-bash" but continue to get 404s. It says it's trying to download http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/msysCORE-1.0.17-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar?download and fails, but when I try "wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/msysCORE-1.0.17-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar.lzma?download" it works and downloads the file just fine. Any thoughts on what could be going on?

Thanks,
- David

On 11/9/2011 9:02 PM, Hoyt, David wrote:
>  I'm unsure if it's the mirror I've been assigned to or what -- but I
> haven't seen the update yet. I've updated my catalogs and re-run
> "mingw-get --all-related source msys-bash" but continue to get 404s. It
> says it's trying to download
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/msysCORE-1.0.17-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar?download
> and fails, but when I try "wget
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/msysCORE-1.0.17-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar.lzma?download"
> it works and downloads the file just fine. Any thoughts on what could be
> going on?

Uhm, you didn't mention whether you did this or not, first:

        mingw-get update

That (re)downloads the latest copy of the manifest files.  THEN you can do

        mingw-get upgrade ...

or whatever.

--
Chuck

On 10/11/11 03:49, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 11/9/2011 9:02 PM, Hoyt, David wrote:
>> I'm unsure if it's the mirror I've been assigned to or what -- but
>> I haven't seen the update yet. I've updated my catalogs

>From this, I deduce that David most likely did do...

>> and re-run "mingw-get --all-related source msys-bash" but continue
>> to get 404s.
>
> Uhm, you didn't mention whether you did this or not, first:
>
> mingw-get update

...this.

I guess I wasn't paying enough attention, when I repeated my upload
attempt; I'm not allowed to do it!  Neither is Chuck.

Cesar (Strauss) and Chris (Sutcliffe), are you following this?  We need
YOU to fix these:

- msys-bash.xml.lzma and msys-core.xml.lzma are mode 644, and owned
  by cstrauss; Cesar, will you please chmod them to 664.

- msys-mintty.xml.lzma is mode 644, and owned by ir0nh34d; Chris,
  will you please perform similar honours for it.

After doing this, please then update your own mingw-dist sandboxes, and
upload fresh copies of your respective catalogues named above.

Re: mingw-get source missing package

Chris Sutcliffe-2
On 10 November 2011 13:29, Keith Marshall wrote:
> Cesar (Strauss) and Chris (Sutcliffe), are you following this?  We need
> YOU to fix these:
>
> - msys-mintty.xml.lzma is mode 644, and owned by ir0nh34d; Chris,
>  will you please perform similar honours for it.

I'll take care of this tonight.  I would also suggest validating the
group as well.  I've noticed weird and wonderful things if you upload
directly (via sftp) vs. their web based UI.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org

Re: mingw-get source missing package

dhoyt
> From this, I deduce that David most likely did do...

You're exactly right -- I certainly did a mingw-get update first. Thanks for taking such a close look at the issue and being so willing to resolve it.

Cheers,
- David

On 10 November 2011 16:30, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:

> On 10 November 2011 13:29, Keith Marshall wrote:
>> Cesar (Strauss) and Chris (Sutcliffe), are you following this?  We need
>> YOU to fix these:
>>
>> - msys-mintty.xml.lzma is mode 644, and owned by ir0nh34d; Chris,
>>  will you please perform similar honours for it.
>
> I'll take care of this tonight.  I would also suggest validating the
> group as well.  I've noticed weird and wonderful things if you upload
> directly (via sftp) vs. their web based UI.

Fixed in FRS now.

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org
http://www.google.com/profiles/ir0nh34d

Re: mingw-get source missing package

Cesar Strauss
On 11/10/2011 04:29 PM, Keith Marshall wrote:

> - msys-bash.xml.lzma and msys-core.xml.lzma are mode 644, and owned
>   by cstrauss; Cesar, will you please chmod them to 664.

Done.

> After doing this, please then update your own mingw-dist sandboxes, and
> upload fresh copies of your respective catalogues named above.

Also done.

Regards,

Cesar

Re: mingw-get source missing package

dhoyt
> msys-mintty.xml.lzma is mode 644, and owned by ir0nh34d; Chris,
> will you please perform similar honours for it.

For anyone who cares, just thought I'd report that msys-mintty doesn't seem to be updated yet. msys-core and msys-bash are both working fine on my end (just updated each: mingw-get update && mingw-get --all-related source msys-core).

Output:

$ mingw-get --all-related source msys-mintty
mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mintty-1.0.1-1-msys-1.0.16-src.tar?download: opened with unexpected status: code = 404
mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** please report this to the mingw-get maintainer
mingw-get.exe: *** ERROR *** Get package: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mintty-1.0.1-1-msys-1.0.16-src.tar?download: download failed

$ mingw-get --all-related licence msys-mintty
mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mintty-1.0.1-1-msys-1.0.16-lic.tar?download: opened with unexpected status: code = 404
mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** please report this to the mingw-get maintainer
mingw-get.exe: *** ERROR *** Get package: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mintty-1.0.1-1-msys-1.0.16-lic.tar?download: download failed

Thanks,
- David

Re: mingw-get source missing package

dhoyt
> ... msys-core and msys-bash are both working fine ...

After creating a completely fresh env, it seems that bash still isn't working:

mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/bash-3.1.17-4-msys-1.0.16-src.tar?download: opened with unexpected status: code = 404
mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** please report this to the mingw-get maintainer
mingw-get.exe: *** ERROR *** Get package: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/bash-3.1.17-4-msys-1.0.16-src.tar?download: download failed

mintty is still not working as per my previous post.

gdb license is also having issues it seems:

mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/gdb-7.3.1-1-mingw32-lic.tar.lzma?download: opened with unexpected status: code = 404
mingw-get.exe: *** WARNING *** please report this to the mingw-get maintainer
mingw-get.exe: *** ERROR *** Get package: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/gdb-7.3.1-1-mingw32-lic.tar.lzma?download: download failed

Everything else is fine.

On 14/11/11 23:29, Hoyt, David wrote:
>> ... msys-core and msys-bash are both working fine ...
> After creating a completely fresh env, it seems that bash still isn't working:

WJFFM.  Did you remember to 'mingw-get update' first?

$ rm -f $MINGW_ROOT/var/cache/mingw-get/source/*
$ rm -f $MINGW_ROOT/var/lib/mingw-get/data/msys*.xml
$ mingw-get update
$ mingw-get source --down --all msys-bash
fixme:wininet:InternetAttemptConnect Stub
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/msysCORE-1.0.17-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar.lzma?download
2.39 MB / 2.39 MB
|================================================| 100%
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/libiconv-1.14-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar.lzma?download
4.20 MB / 4.20 MB
|================================================| 100%
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/gettext-0.18.1.1-1-msys-1.0.17-src.tar.lzma?download
14.41 MB / 14.41 MB
|================================================| 100%
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/coreutils-5.97-3-msys-1.0.13-src.tar.lzma?download
4.88 MB / 4.88 MB
|================================================| 100%
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/termcap-0.20050421_1-2-msys-1.0.13-src.tar.lzma?download
67.83 kB / 67.83 kB
|================================================| 100%
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/regex-1.20090805-2-msys-1.0.13-src.tar.lzma?download
337.37 kB / 337.37 kB
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/bash-3.1.17-4-msys-1.0.16-src.tar.lzma?download
2.46 MB / 2.46 MB

(The "fixme" is just noise from wine's wininet implementation).

> mintty is still not working as per my previous post.

Ack.

> gdb license is also having issues it seems:

I'll take a look.  Thanks for the heads-up.

12