libstdc++.dll.a does not exist

Pau Climent i Pérez
Hi,

libstdc++.la points to "libstdc++.dll.a" (library name), but this file
does not exist in the directory where libstdc++.la is found.

I'm getting errors. I read on a forum to change library name from
".dll.a" to "_s.a". But I think it gets worse.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Pau.

2) Thread hijacking

Re: libstdc++.dll.a does not exist

Charles Wilson-2
Pau Climent i Pérez wrote:
> libstdc++.la points to "libstdc++.dll.a" (library name), but this file
> does not exist in the directory where libstdc++.la is found.
>
> I'm getting errors. I read on a forum to change library name from
> ".dll.a" to "_s.a". But I think it gets worse.
>
> Can anyone help me?

Known problem. Not yet resolved. See:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/30206/focus=30243

You might try simply deleting (or, moving to a safe hidden location) the
.la files.

--
Chuck

2) Thread hijacking

Re: libstdc++.dll.a does not exist

lrn-2
Charles Wilson wrote:

> Pau Climent i Pérez wrote:
>
>> libstdc++.la points to "libstdc++.dll.a" (library name), but this file
>> does not exist in the directory where libstdc++.la is found.
>>
>> I'm getting errors. I read on a forum to change library name from
>> ".dll.a" to "_s.a". But I think it gets worse.
>>
>> Can anyone help me?
>>

> Known problem. Not yet resolved. See:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/30206/focus=30243
>
> You might try simply deleting (or, moving to a safe hidden location) the
> .la files.
>

> --
> Chuck

Actually, it's better to change it to "library_names=" (empty string)

2) Thread hijacking