Quantcast

libncursesw-6.dll is missing

pampero a

Hello there,

I installed migw32-libncurses via mingw installation manager, however when I
try to compile a ncurses program gcc complains that it cannot find
ncurses.h. Then I add the include directory and library path and it compiles
correctly but when I try to run it, a small windows says that
libncursesw-6.dll is missing. I have looked in mingw installation
directories and libncursesw-6.dll is installed in MinGW\bin. Why there is
this error that libncursesw-6.dll is missing if it is installed in the
default directory?

txunum

Re: libncursesw-6.dll is missing

Eli Zaretskii
> From: pampero a <[hidden email]>
> Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 00:43:47 +0200
>
> I installed migw32-libncurses via mingw installation manager, however when I
> try to compile a ncurses program gcc complains that it cannot find
> ncurses.h. Then I add the include directory and library path and it compiles
> correctly but when I try to run it, a small windows says that
> libncursesw-6.dll is missing. I have looked in mingw installation
> directories and libncursesw-6.dll is installed in MinGW\bin. Why there is
> this error that libncursesw-6.dll is missing if it is installed in the
> default directory?

Does the directory where you have libncursesw-6.dll appear in PATH?
If not, that's your problem.