i cannot run a make file

Carl Immanuel Manalo
one of my groupmates created a batch of C code and compiled them using a make file. She was using the gcc with ubuntu. we figured that it could also work with the gcc in the MinGW package. Unfortunately, the command prompt keeps saying,  "'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

how will i be able to fix this problem?

thank you.

Re: i cannot run a make file

JonY-2
On 11/20/2008 07:09, Carl Immanuel Manalo wrote:

> one of my groupmates created a batch of C code and compiled them using a
> make file. She was using the gcc with ubuntu. we figured that it could also
> work with the gcc in the MinGW package. Unfortunately, the command prompt
> keeps saying,  "'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file."
>
> how will i be able to fix this problem?
>
> thank you.

Hi,
You should only use "make" in MSYS. Try "mingw32-make" instead.

Re: i cannot run a make file

Carl Immanuel Manalo
so, the make clean command will also be mingw32-make clean?

On 11/20/2008 15:10, Carl Immanuel Manalo wrote:
> so, the make clean command will also be mingw32-make clean?

Yes.

Re: i cannot run a make file

Carl Immanuel Manalo
one more thing. when i tried it, it seems that it cannot find one of our own header files. we wrote it like

#include "matrix.h"

it works fine with my groupmate but i can't run it. it couldn't find the matrix.h file even if i placed it in the same folder as the source files. how should i properly do it? thank you.

On 11/20/2008 16:44, Carl Immanuel Manalo wrote:
> one more thing. when i tried it, it seems that it cannot find one of our own
> header files. we wrote it like
>
> #include "matrix.h"
>
> it works fine with my groupmate but i can't run it. it couldn't find the
> matrix.h file even if i placed it in the same folder as the source files.
> how should i properly do it? thank you.

Hi,
please do not top post.

That is strange. Try adding -I <C:\path\to\source\folder> to the
Makefile gcc command.

Re: i cannot run a make file

Carl Immanuel Manalo
sorry. i will try the suggestion. thank you.

This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists. We ask that you be polite and do the same.