how to find in which directory mingw is installed.

how to find in which directory mingw is installed.

Иван Васильев
How from C++ program under windows can be find in which directory mingw is installed?

-- реклама -----------------------------------------------------------
Кластерный хостинг от http://www.hostpro.ua
2 месяца бесплатно + домен в подарок.

This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

Re: how to find in which directory mingw is installed.

Greg Chicares
On 2008-12-11 22:46Z, Иван Васильев wrote:
> How from C++ program under windows can be
> find in which directory mingw is installed?

If you know it's on the $PATH, you can use, e.g.,
  gcc --print-prog-name=ld
but in general there's no easier way than searching the whole
disk. Some programs create registry entries that indicate where
they're installed, but MinGW does not.

What are you trying to accomplish? That is, if you know where
MiNGW is installed, what problem does that help you to solve?

This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.