heed help: can't link with dll: undefined reference to CreateParticleLibrary(unsigned int)

heed help: can't link with dll: undefined reference to CreateParticleLibrary(unsigned int)

Леонид Чайка
Can't link with DLL.
I thought mingw can link directly with DLL. (and it works on other project)
Please give any link how to resolve this issue.

I get *.def files for one DLL witch works and current one that not.
WORKS:
LIBRARY     HGE.DLL

EXPORTS
    hgeCreate                      @1   ; hgeCreate
    hgeCreate                      @2   ; hgeCreate

NOT WORKS:
LIBRARY     PYRO.DLL

EXPORTS
    ??0CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QAA@PBDZZ @1   ;
??0CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QAA@PBDZZ
    ??0CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QAE@ABV01@@Z @2   ;
??0CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QAE@ABV01@@Z
    ??0CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QAE@PAD@Z @3   ;
??0CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QAE@PAD@Z
    ??0CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QAE@XZ @4   ;
??0CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QAE@XZ
    ??1CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QAE@XZ @5   ;
??1CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QAE@XZ
    ?CreateParticleLibrary@@YAPAVIPyroParticleLibrary@PyroParticles@@I@Z
@6   ; ?CreateParticleLibrary@@YAPAVIPyroParticleLibrary@PyroParticles@@I@Z

?DestroyParticleLibrary@@YAXPAVIPyroParticleLibrary@PyroParticles@@@Z
@7   ; ?DestroyParticleLibrary@@YAXPAVIPyroParticleLibrary@PyroParticles@@@Z
    ?GetExceptionMessage@CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QBEPBDXZ @8   ;
?GetExceptionMessage@CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QBEPBDXZ

Any help?

If you want to see DLL I can attach it, just ask.

Re: heed help: can't link with dll: undefined reference to CreateParticleLibrary(unsigned int)

Greg Chicares
On 2008-10-27 12:19Z, Леонид Чайка wrote:
> Can't link with DLL.
> I thought mingw can link directly with DLL.

It can link directly to a dll--but not if it can't link to
that dll at all.

> LIBRARY     PYRO.DLL
>
> EXPORTS
>     ??0CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QAA@PBDZZ @1   ;
> ??0CPyroException@PyroParticles@@QAA@PBDZZ

That looks like another compiler's C++ name mangling. See:
  http://www.mingw.org/phpwiki-1.3.14/index.php/MixingCompilers