gfortran with OpenMP

Sonya Blade

dear All,

I'm having trouble with setting the OpenMP to work with gfortran if I set -fopenmp for linker directives I get the

gfortran.exe: error:  libgomp.spec : No such file or directory"

I have GCC 4.7.1 installed by default by CodeBlocks installation, so I'll try to keep that compiler compilation suite as much as possible for backward compatibility. But that parallel issue with gfortran is annoying, I'd like to know is it possible to find a work around to make it work with current GCC 4.7.1?

I downloaded the libgomp.spec manually but this time compiler points out that no input file specified.

your guidance will be appreciated,

gfortran with OpenMP (Not HTML Content)

Sonya Blade
Dear All,

First of all, I'd like to appologize for submitting the HTML content message, I repost my original message below.

Dear All,

I'm having trouble with setting the OpenMP to work with gfortran if I set -fopenmp for linker directives I get the

gfortran.exe: error:  libgomp.spec : No such file or directory"

I have GCC 4.7.1 installed by default by CodeBlocks installation, so I'll try to keep that compiler compilation suite as much as possible for backward compatibility. But that parallel issue with gfortran is annoying, I'd like to know is it possible to find  a work around to make it work with current GCC 4.7.1?

I downloaded the libgomp.spec manually but this time compiler points out that no input file specified.

your guidance will be appreciated,

Re: gfortran with OpenMP (Not HTML Content)

Eli Zaretskii
> From: Sonya Blade <[hidden email]>
> Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 10:10:57 +0000
>
> I'm having trouble with setting the OpenMP to work with gfortran if I set -fopenmp for linker directives I get the
>
> gfortran.exe: error:  libgomp.spec : No such file or directory"
>

> I have GCC 4.7.1 installed by default by CodeBlocks installation, so I'll try to keep that compiler compilation suite as much as possible for backward compatibility. But that parallel issue with gfortran is annoying, I'd like to know is it possible to find  a work around to make it work with current GCC 4.7.1?

I have GCC 4.8.1 where I'm typing this, and the file libgomp.spec
(without the leading underscore) is present in the GCC installation.
Are you sure you don't have that file somewhere on your disk?

> I downloaded the libgomp.spec manually but this time compiler points out that no input file specified.

Where did you put that file?

Re: gfortran with OpenMP (Not HTML Content)

Sonya Blade
>I have GCC 4.8.1 where I'm typing this, and the file libgomp.spec
>(without the leading underscore) is present in the GCC installation.
>Are you sure you don't have that file somewhere on your disk?

I'm sure that I don't have it under the ...CodeBlocks\MinGW (GCC 4.7.1) folder. But for testing purposes I downloaded
completely the recent version of GCC 4.8.1 (under different driver) under this I have all ingradients I believe but interestingly
setting new toolchain for that in CodeBlocks results in "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000be) and then
execution of F951.exe with crash. I think that is win32 win64 incompatilibty issue.

> I downloaded the libgomp.spec manually but this time compiler points out that no input file specified.
>Where did you put that file?
"Under the CodeBlocks\MingW\lib"  folder.

Re: gfortran with OpenMP (Not HTML Content)

Eli Zaretskii
> From: Sonya Blade <[hidden email]>
> Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 20:03:00 +0000
>
> >I have GCC 4.8.1 where I'm typing this, and the file libgomp.spec
> >(without the leading underscore) is present in the GCC installation.
> >Are you sure you don't have that file somewhere on your disk?
>
> I'm sure that I don't have it under the ...CodeBlocks\MinGW (GCC 4.7.1) folder. But for testing purposes I downloaded
> completely the recent version of GCC 4.8.1 (under different driver) under this I have all ingradients I believe but interestingly
> setting new toolchain for that in CodeBlocks results in "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000be) and then
> execution of F951.exe with crash. I think that is win32 win64 incompatilibty issue.

No, there are no such issues.  I use that release of GCC on a 64-bit
Windows version all the time.  I'm guessing that you didn't download
all the dependencies of gfortran.

> > I downloaded the libgomp.spec manually but this time compiler points out that no input file specified.
> >Where did you put that file?
> "Under the CodeBlocks\MingW\lib"  folder.

That's not the right place.  The right place is lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/
under the GCC installation directory.

Re: gfortran with OpenMP (Not HTML Content)

Sonya Blade
Hi Eli,

>No, there are no such issues.  I use that release of GCC on a 64-bit
>Windows version all the time.  I'm guessing that you didn't download
>all the dependencies of gfortran.

Yes your guess is correct, I tried to download only gfortran related files but It seems that I really missed something, I'll try to make fresh and clean installation if possible with minimal gfortran requirement.  I'll be reporting here if there was any advance,