.def file for classes and functions

jayshankar nair
MinGW Gurus,

I have member function in class A of DLL1 accessing the member function of class B of DLL2 and viceversa.

This results in a cyclic dependency of dll on each other for linking. All the undefined reference.

My question is can i create a .def file for all the undefined references and create a lib.a file(dlltool).

For a function i can simply put its name. But for class and its respective memeber functions whats the naming convention

For example
class A{
public:
getInstance();
send(enum something);

}
func();

Example of .def i have written, which my guess is wrong as its  not linking.
LIBRARY DLL2.DLL
EXPORTS
func
A::getInstance

dlltool -d dll1.def -l libdll.a

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,
Jay

2) Thread hijacking

Re: .def file for classes and functions

Martin Prüsse
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 4:06 PM, jayshankar nair <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For a function i can simply put its name. But for class and its respective memeber functions whats the naming convention

the showmangling.sh found in
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2008-01/msg00272.html, or some
variation =)

Martin