configure trouble

Yawhen Kasarzhewski
Hi,

I am trying to configure and build a package and get following error:

checking for socket... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
configure: error: No socket library found

What should I need to install in order to succeed?

Re: configure trouble

Keith Marshall
On Saturday 11 October 2008 22:35:08 Yawhen Kasarzhewski wrote:
> I am trying to configure and build a package and get following
> error:
>
> checking for socket... no
> checking for socket in -lsocket... no
> configure: error: No socket library found
>
> What should I need to install in order to succeed?

You need to port the application, to use MSW sockets, instead of UNIX
sockets.  This comes up again and again; please search the archives.