Windows 8 APIs

Gábor Csárdi
Dear All,

I am trying to use some Windows 8 (and above) APIs from MinGW, e.g.
the PasswordVault class.
(https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/windows.security.credentials.passwordvault.aspx)

I realize that this class is not in the MinGW headers. Is this
something that could be added, in theory? Or there is some fundamental
difference between GCC and MSVC that rules out supporting these APIs
from MinGW?

I am sorry if this is a noob question, I am not very familiar with
windows app development.

Thanks much,
Gabor