Which C++ compliler for SQL Server

Trinh Dao
Hi all,

Could anybody give me info about which C++ complier or C++ library to develop application with SQL Server support,

Many thanks.

Re: Which C++ compliler for SQL Server

farmdve data.bg
Isn't the only C++ compiler in mingw, g++?

On 1/2/12, Trinh Dao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all, Could anybody give me info about which C++ complier or C++ library
> to develop application with SQL Server support, Many thanks.

Re: Which C++ compliler for SQL Server

If you are using Microsoft's SQL Server, surely the most natural thing
then is to also use Microsoft's compilers & other tools, which
presumably have lots of extra features (for various languages; C++ is
not necessarily the "obvious" choice) related to SQL Server?

Or is there some detail you didn't mention that makes you think MinGW
would be a better choice?

You would need to get the SQL Server library from its provider.  Or perhaps you want https://sourceforge.net/projects/freetdswindows/?source=directory or https://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds/?source=directory.  I have no experience with any of them.