Where to find libexpat?

James Rome
I need to install mingw-gdb. I found a tar file of 7.1-2, but cannot find the libexpat dll to go with it.
I keep getting referred to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/, which to me is impossible to use. I think I looked in all the folders, but have no idea of where the libexpat dll might be.

This is unnecessarily difficult.

Please help,
Jim

Re: Where to find libexpat?

Greg Chicares
On 2010-06-01 18:54Z, James Rome wrote:
> I need to install mingw-gdb. I found a tar file of 7.1-2, but cannot
> find the libexpat dll to go with it.

Right now, I see an 'expat' subdirectory here:
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/expat
where I guess the file you need is:
  expat-2.0.1-1/libexpat-2.0.1-1-mingw32-dll-1.tar.gz

Re: Where to find libexpat?

On Tuesday 01 June 2010 19:54:34 James Rome wrote:
> I need to install mingw-gdb. I found a tar file of 7.1-2, but
> cannot find the libexpat dll to go with it.

STFW.  (The list archive in this case).  I answered this very question
no more than a week ago.

> I keep getting referred to
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/, which to me is
> impossible to use. I think I looked in all the folders, but have no
> idea of where the libexpat dll might be.

Hmm.  In the "MinGW expat" folder, perhaps?

> This is unnecessarily difficult.

No, it isn't.  Sort the files and folders alphabetically, and it's
really trivially easy.  Even easier:

  mingw-get install gdb

Of course, that presupposes that you can find and install mingw-get,
from the "Automated MinGW Installer/mingw-get" folder.

Re: Where to find libexpat?

Jasper Horn
Keith Marshall wrote:
>> This is unnecessarily difficult.
>
> No, it isn't.  Sort the files and folders alphabetically, and it's
> really trivially easy.  Even easier:

I find ctrl-f* even easier.

Jasper Horn

* of course this depends on your browser, but I think it would be a
challenge to find a browser on which that doesn't work

(just meant to say: no matter how you put it, there's nothing hard
here about what you are trying to do. We're all looking forward to the
day there is no downside to using mingw-get anywmore though)