Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

12

Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

Chris Sutcliffe-2
  I've uploaded version 3.82 of mingw32-make:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/make/make-3.82-mingw32/make-3.82-1-mingw32-bin.tar.lzma/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/make/make-3.82-mingw32/make-3.82-1-mingw32-src.tar.lzma/download

This is compiled from the vanilla upstream sources.

Please report any issues to this mailing list.

Chris

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

Peter Rockett
  On 30/07/10 22:41, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:

>    I've uploaded version 3.82 of mingw32-make:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/make/make-3.82-mingw32/make-3.82-1-mingw32-bin.tar.lzma/download
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/make/make-3.82-mingw32/make-3.82-1-mingw32-src.tar.lzma/download
>
> This is compiled from the vanilla upstream sources.
>
> Please report any issues to this mailing list.
>
> Chris

Errmmm... Not trying to play moderators here but shouldn't this (very
welcome!) message have been posted to the mingw-notify list? Some people
may miss this update...

Peter

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

Greg Chicares
On 2010-07-31 10:23Z, Peter Rockett wrote:
>   On 30/07/10 22:41, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>>    I've uploaded version 3.82 of mingw32-make:
[...]
> Errmmm... Not trying to play moderators here but shouldn't this (very
> welcome!) message have been posted to the mingw-notify list? Some people
> may miss this update...

Isn't 'mingw-notify' just robotic tracker notifications,
as distinguished from a low-volume '-announce' list such as
some projects offer?

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

Keith Marshall
On Saturday 31 July 2010 11:55:07 Greg Chicares wrote:
> On 2010-07-31 10:23Z, Peter Rockett wrote:
> >   On 30/07/10 22:41, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> >>    I've uploaded version 3.82 of mingw32-make:
>
> [...]
>
> > Errmmm... Not trying to play moderators here but shouldn't this
> > (very welcome!) message have been posted to the mingw-notify list?

No, but I understand why you might think so; see below...

> > Some people may miss this update...
>
> Isn't 'mingw-notify' just robotic tracker notifications,

Yes.  However, its current description might be construed otherwise:
|This list is used to send updates of submitted patches, bug reports
|and file releases.

Here, the notice of "file releases" is intended to refer to the
automatic notifications, which were generated by a previous incarnation
of the SF file release system.  The FRS no longer provides any such
automatic notification, so I guess this description needs an update.

|You are discouraged from posting to this list.

In fact, anything other than SF generated automatic notifications will
be blocked.  Today, mingw-notify is really only of interest to those of
us who need to respond to postings on the bug and patch trackers.  If
you are monitoring it in the hope of seeing file release notifications,
then I fear you will not see them, for...

> as distinguished from a low-volume '-announce' list such as
> some projects offer?

We do not operate such a list.  Detailed notification of file releases,
(as opposed to SF's brief automated announcements), have always been
directed to MinGW-users; I see no strong justification to change this
long standing practice.

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

Keith Marshall
On Saturday 31 July 2010 16:11:11 Keith Marshall wrote:

> > Isn't 'mingw-notify' just robotic tracker notifications,
>
> Yes.  However, its current description might be construed otherwise:
> |This list is used to send updates of submitted patches, bug reports
> |and file releases.
>
> Here, the notice of "file releases" is intended to refer to the
> automatic notifications, which were generated by a previous
> incarnation of the SF file release system.  The FRS no longer
> provides any such automatic notification, so I guess this description
> needs an update.

Done:
|This list will be used to send notifications of activity on project
|trackers, (e.g. bug reports and submitted patches); for notification of
|file releases, please refer to the MinGW-users list.

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

Charles Wilson-2
On 7/31/2010 11:11 AM, Keith Marshall wrote:
>> as distinguished from a low-volume '-announce' list such as
>> some projects offer?
> We do not operate such a list.  Detailed notification of file releases,
> (as opposed to SF's brief automated announcements), have always been
> directed to MinGW-users; I see no strong justification to change this
> long standing practice.

I do. Now that we have 250 or so separate packages (or 60 if you count
those derived from a common source package, and documented in separate
xml manifests) it will be quite useful to have a moderated -announce
list specifically for promulgating notifications of these updates.

These are quite a few cygwin users whose only USUAL interaction with the
cygwin community is via cygwin-announce and setup.exe...

However, if we WERE to institute such a list, it should probably be a
SEPARATE list from mingw-notify, which is already used, as you say, for
bug and tracker notifications.  Hence...mingw-announce.

I don't feel strongly either way about this, but it could be useful for
some of our users.

--
Chuck

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

Peter Rockett
  On 31/07/10 17:56, Charles Wilson wrote:

> On 7/31/2010 11:11 AM, Keith Marshall wrote:
>>> as distinguished from a low-volume '-announce' list such as
>>> some projects offer?
>> We do not operate such a list.  Detailed notification of file releases,
>> (as opposed to SF's brief automated announcements), have always been
>> directed to MinGW-users; I see no strong justification to change this
>> long standing practice.
> I do. Now that we have 250 or so separate packages (or 60 if you count
> those derived from a common source package, and documented in separate
> xml manifests) it will be quite useful to have a moderated -announce
> list specifically for promulgating notifications of these updates.
>
> These are quite a few cygwin users whose only USUAL interaction with the
> cygwin community is via cygwin-announce and setup.exe...
>
> However, if we WERE to institute such a list, it should probably be a
> SEPARATE list from mingw-notify, which is already used, as you say, for
> bug and tracker notifications.  Hence...mingw-announce.
>
> I don't feel strongly either way about this, but it could be useful for
> some of our users.
>
> --
> Chuck

I agree with Chuck's reasoning here. In addition, much of the discussion
on mingw-users is, of necessity,  rather technical - even arcane. There
must be many ordinary users of the toolchain who will not be able to
follow most of the posts and feel they have little to contribute or
learn from mingw-users. The volume of mingw-users is also moderately
high so it must be a nuisance to have to receive loads of posts you
cannot follow just to get that occasional update message.

So I think I personally feel more strongly than Chuck that a separate
mingw-announce list would be a good thing. (To be honest, that's what I
thought mingw-notify was although that issue has now been  cleared up.)

Peter

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

Keith Marshall
On Sunday 01 August 2010 10:54:55 Peter Rockett wrote:

>  On 31/07/10 17:56, Charles Wilson wrote:
> > On 7/31/2010 11:11 AM, Keith Marshall wrote:
> >> We do not operate such a list.  Detailed notification of file
> >> releases, (as opposed to SF's brief automated announcements), have
> >> always been directed to MinGW-users; I see no strong justification
> >> to change this long standing practice.
> >
> > I do. Now that we have 250 or so separate packages (or 60 if you
> > count those derived from a common source package, and documented in
> > separate xml manifests) it will be quite useful to have a moderated
> > -announce list specifically for promulgating notifications of these
> > updates.
> >
> > These are quite a few cygwin users whose only USUAL interaction
> > with the cygwin community is via cygwin-announce and setup.exe...
> >
> > However, if we WERE to institute such a list, it should probably be
> > a SEPARATE list from mingw-notify, which is already used, as you
> > say, for bug and tracker notifications.  Hence...mingw-announce.
> >
> > I don't feel strongly either way about this, but it could be useful
> > for some of our users.

Ack.

> I agree with Chuck's reasoning here. In addition, much of the
> discussion on mingw-users is, of necessity,  rather technical - even
> arcane. There must be many ordinary users of the toolchain who will
> not be able to follow most of the posts and feel they have little to
> contribute or learn from mingw-users. The volume of mingw-users is
> also moderately high so it must be a nuisance to have to receive
> loads of posts you cannot follow just to get that occasional update
> message.
>
> So I think I personally feel more strongly than Chuck that a separate
> mingw-announce list would be a good thing.

Well, I'm not vehemently opposed to the idea.  However, in the past we
have had an unnecessary proliferation of disparate lists, which we have
now reduced to two user-centric (MinGW-users and MinGW-MSYS), and three
(primarily) developer-centric (MinGW-dvlpr, MinGW-cvs and MinGW-notify),
(to say nothing of the ghastly SF fora, which few here ever embraced);
I'm reluctant to embark on any further proliferation.

There are currently 1621 subscribers to MinGW-users.  Let's assume that
25% of those represent unique and active subscribers, and of those 405,
a minimum of 25% shall be a sufficient number to represent a voting
quorum.  So, let's put it to a vote: if a majority of that quorum, i.e.
a minimum of 51 unique subscribers indicate that they would favour the
creation of a MinGW-announce list, moderated and exclusively used for
the posting of package release announcements, then I will set it up.

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

K. Frank
Hello All -

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Keith Marshall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sunday 01 August 2010 10:54:55 Peter Rockett wrote:
>> >
>> > I do. Now that we have 250 or so separate packages (or 60 if you
>> > count those derived from a common source package, and documented in
>> > separate xml manifests) it will be quite useful to have a moderated
>> > -announce list specifically for promulgating notifications of these
>> > updates.
> There are currently 1621 subscribers to MinGW-users.  Let's assume that
> 25% of those represent unique and active subscribers, and of those 405,
> a minimum of 25% shall be a sufficient number to represent a voting
> quorum.  So, let's put it to a vote: if a majority of that quorum, i.e.
> a minimum of 51 unique subscribers indicate that they would favour the
> creation of a MinGW-announce list, moderated and exclusively used for
> the posting of package release announcements, then I will set it up.

Perhaps it would make sense to start separate thread for the voting.

(By the way, I don't have a strong opinion either way, but were I forced
to vote, I would vote against a separate announce list.  I subscribe to
this list for the "mixed traffic."  The announcements, at least currently,
are not so many as to be inconvenient, and I do like to skim them as
part of the mixed traffic without having to subscribe to a separate list.)

> Regards,
> Keith.

Best.

K. Frank

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

Peter Rockett
  On 02/08/10 12:47, Keith Marshall wrote:

> On Sunday 01 August 2010 10:54:55 Peter Rockett wrote:
>>> I do. Now that we have 250 or so separate packages (or 60 if you
>>> count those derived from a common source package, and documented in
>>> separate xml manifests) it will be quite useful to have a moderated
>>> -announce list specifically for promulgating notifications of these
>>> updates.
>>>
>>> These are quite a few cygwin users whose only USUAL interaction
>>> with the cygwin community is via cygwin-announce and setup.exe...
>>>
>>> However, if we WERE to institute such a list, it should probably be
>>> a SEPARATE list from mingw-notify, which is already used, as you
>>> say, for bug and tracker notifications.  Hence...mingw-announce.
>>>
>>> I don't feel strongly either way about this, but it could be useful
>>> for some of our users.
> Ack.
>
>> I agree with Chuck's reasoning here. In addition, much of the
>> discussion on mingw-users is, of necessity,  rather technical - even
>> arcane. There must be many ordinary users of the toolchain who will
>> not be able to follow most of the posts and feel they have little to
>> contribute or learn from mingw-users. The volume of mingw-users is
>> also moderately high so it must be a nuisance to have to receive
>> loads of posts you cannot follow just to get that occasional update
>> message.
>>
>> So I think I personally feel more strongly than Chuck that a separate
>> mingw-announce list would be a good thing.
> Well, I'm not vehemently opposed to the idea.  However, in the past we
> have had an unnecessary proliferation of disparate lists, which we have
> now reduced to two user-centric (MinGW-users and MinGW-MSYS), and three
> (primarily) developer-centric (MinGW-dvlpr, MinGW-cvs and MinGW-notify),
> (to say nothing of the ghastly SF fora, which few here ever embraced);
> I'm reluctant to embark on any further proliferation.
>
> There are currently 1621 subscribers to MinGW-users.  Let's assume that
> 25% of those represent unique and active subscribers, and of those 405,
> a minimum of 25% shall be a sufficient number to represent a voting
> quorum.  So, let's put it to a vote: if a majority of that quorum, i.e.
> a minimum of 51 unique subscribers indicate that they would favour the
> creation of a MinGW-announce list, moderated and exclusively used for
> the posting of package release announcements, then I will set it up.

Keith

I don't want to carp at your proposed voting methodology but I think you
may be missing the point. There are 1600 mingw-users subscribers who are
clearly happy to receive all the technical stuff. But Sourceforge
records that there have been ~ 344,000 downloads of the version 3 base
system and ~58,000 downloads of version 4.  Assuming even only 10% of
those downloads are in use then the number of people _using_ the
toolchain vastly outnumbers the people signed-up to mingw-users.
(Curiously, version 3 is still being downloaded at 5000 a day whereas
Version 4 is only running at 700 downloads a day.) So Chuck's earlier
comparison with Cygwin, that most users don't sign-up to the technical
mailing list, seems to hold for MinGW too.

Any mingw-announce list would not be for the benefit of those 1600 hardy
souls who subscribe to mingw-users.

Peter

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

Uwe R.
Hi!

Some remarks from an user.

> > > I do. Now that we have 250 or so separate packages

Just recently I browsed through the long list on SF and downloaded by hand
the files. It is still quite job. (I still dont know how to use mingw-get).

>(or 60 if you
> > > count those derived from a common source package, and documented in
> > > separate xml manifests) it will be quite useful to have a moderated
> > > -announce list specifically for promulgating notifications of these
> > > updates.

In the subject list there is always the entry "new package ... or so".
I think it is possible to understand what is meant.

What would be more useful from my side would be list of the newest
version of the list to check
against the packages installed (that might be in mingw-get update),
to know whether package xxxx-msys 1.013 will work with msys... 1.015
and what packages would need to be installed to compile/debug etc.
(what are the cross dependencies?)

I would not benefit from a new list.

> > I agree with Chuck's reasoning here. In addition, much of the
> > discussion on mingw-users is, of necessity,  rather technical

 From my perspective: I dont have insight to follow all your discussion about
e.g. slij vs. dwarf etc. And some of the request are that short (what
the hell is ATLAS?)
that I dont have any idea what you are talking about.

Regarding the compiler, it runs fine for me on win xp and win7.
I would benefit most from experiences of users not directly related
to the compiler
itself but to projects realized with it. I recently found out how to
include openGL
commands into win c++. It was quite job for me and took a long, long
time to get it running.
I cannot believe that I was the first one to try it out. I am missing
such user initiated discussions.
I hear you saying: "this is the wrong list", maybe. But what list
would be the right one?

>   So, let's put it to a vote: if a majority of that quorum, i.e.
>a minimum of 51 unique subscribers indicate that they would favour the
>creation of a MinGW-announce list, moderated and exclusively used for
>the posting of package release announcements, then I will set it up.

I dont like this idea but as mentioned what love to have a list with
more discussions about
usage of mingw.

Also I would like you to remove messages with political background.
I was upset reading a neonazi email some days ago on Mingw-users.

Best wishes
Uwe

___________________________
PD Dr. Uwe Rossow
TU Braunschweig
Inst. f. Angewandte Physik
Mendelssohnstr. 2
38106 Braunschweig
Fax: 0531-391 8511
Email: [hidden email]
Tel.: 0531-391 8523 (good luck!)

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

Peter Rockett
  On 04/08/10 10:43, Uwe Rossow wrote:

> Regarding the compiler, it runs fine for me on win xp and win7.
> I would benefit most from experiences of users not directly related
> to the compiler itself but to projects realized with it. I recently found out how to
> include openGL commands into win c++. It was quite job for me and took a long, long
> time to get it running.
> I cannot believe that I was the first one to try it out. I am missing
> such user initiated discussions.
> I hear you saying: "this is the wrong list", maybe. But what list
> would be the right one?

Uwe, How about posting an article on the wiki? This is open source. You
have piggy-backed on the voluntary efforts of others and now put in some
hard work to discover how to include OpenGL commands. You are now in the
position of being able to help others. It would be nice to share what
you have learned :-)

Maybe someone with even greater expertise will add to your wiki article
which will feedback to you to increase your knowledge...

Peter

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

d3x0r
when I use this version of make, it reads a bunch of my makefiles, but
ends with a segfault...

Unhandled exception filter called from program c:\tools\unix\mwmake.EXE
ExceptionCode = c0000005
ExceptionFlags = 0
ExceptionAddress = 0x70797465
Access violation: read operation at address 0x70797465

(I renamed it to mwmake.exe so as not to damage what already was
working; not that it matters, later renamed it to make.exe and still
same thing)

GNU Make 3.82
Built for i386-pc-mingw32
Copyright (C) 2010  Free Software Foundation, Inc.

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Chris Sutcliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I've uploaded version 3.82 of mingw32-make:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/make/make-3.82-mingw32/make-3.82-1-mingw32-bin.tar.lzma/download
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/make/make-3.82-mingw32/make-3.82-1-mingw32-src.tar.lzma/download
>
> This is compiled from the vanilla upstream sources.
>
> Please report any issues to this mailing list.
>
> Chris

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

Chris Sutcliffe-2
On 5 August 2010 14:52, J Decker wrote:
> when I use this version of make, it reads a bunch of my makefiles, but
> ends with a segfault...

Would it be possible for you to provide a simple test case that
reproduces the error?

Thank you,

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

d3x0r
alas, not easily... be almost easier for me to compile source with
debug and run gdb against it... the big thing that 3.81 had was an
error with foreach in if conditionals... but that I'm sure isn't an
issue anymore - I've been using 'remake' 3.81 +debugger... cause that
bug was fixed... maybe it causes a crash now, but I forget where that
is

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Chris Sutcliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 5 August 2010 14:52, J Decker wrote:
>> when I use this version of make, it reads a bunch of my makefiles, but
>> ends with a segfault...
>
> Would it be possible for you to provide a simple test case that
> reproduces the error?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Chris Sutcliffe
> http://emergedesktop.org
> http://www.google.com/profiles/ir0nh34d

Re: Announce list [WAS: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82]

Why not use https://sourceforge.net/news/?group_id=2435 for its intended
purpose?  Announcing package releases here is much desired.  Then those
that want the email can subscribe to it.

-- http://www.for-my-kids.com

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

d3x0r
I grabbed the sources and got it compiled using openwatcom, the
resulting make.exe does not crash.
I compiled it using my minimal mingw install (built a cmakelists.txt
for it, and built it using mingw gcc 3.4.5 ) I don't have enough
together to build ./configure scripts - but the resulting make.exe
does not crash.

I redownloaded the bin, and that make still crashes... I guess my only
recourse is to try and whittle down the makefile trees and find what
causes the crash...

If someone could send me a debug build with the sources they used to
build it, it would be easier to step through using gdb...

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 12:34 AM, J Decker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> alas, not easily... be almost easier for me to compile source with
> debug and run gdb against it... the big thing that 3.81 had was an
> error with foreach in if conditionals... but that I'm sure isn't an
> issue anymore - I've been using 'remake' 3.81 +debugger... cause that
> bug was fixed... maybe it causes a crash now, but I forget where that
> is
>
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Chris Sutcliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 5 August 2010 14:52, J Decker wrote:
>>> when I use this version of make, it reads a bunch of my makefiles, but
>>> ends with a segfault...
>>
>> Would it be possible for you to provide a simple test case that
>> reproduces the error?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> --
>> Chris Sutcliffe
>> http://emergedesktop.org
>> http://www.google.com/profiles/ir0nh34d

>> [hidden email]
>>
>> This list observes the Etiquette found at
>> http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
>> We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

d3x0r
Okay I narrowed it down to almost its simplest form... It seems to be
a buffer overrun somewhere, because if I reduce the number of sources
specified, or shorten the FBASEDIR variable it doesn't crash, and
results isntead with 'no rule to make'... but until then the
mingw32-make built and posted on sourceforge as binary crashes when
run against this makefile.

---------------------------

FBASEDIR=src/freetype-2.4.1/src

FT_SRCS=autofit/autofit \
     bdf/bdf \
     cff/cff  pcf/pcf \
     pfr/pfr \
     psaux/psaux \
     pshinter/pshinter  \
     raster/raster \
     sfnt/sfnt \
     smooth/smooth \
     truetype/truetype

SRCS1+=$(foreach src,$(FT_SRCS),$(FBASEDIR)/$(src))

VPATH:=$(sort . $(VPATH) $(subst /:,,$(foreach OBJ,$(SRCS1),$(dir $(OBJ)): )))

all: | $(sort $(VPATH))

------------------------------

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 12:27 PM, J Decker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I grabbed the sources and got it compiled using openwatcom, the
> resulting make.exe does not crash.
> I compiled it using my minimal mingw install (built a cmakelists.txt
> for it, and built it using mingw gcc 3.4.5 ) I don't have enough
> together to build ./configure scripts - but the resulting make.exe
> does not crash.
>
> I redownloaded the bin, and that make still crashes... I guess my only
> recourse is to try and whittle down the makefile trees and find what
> causes the crash...
>
> If someone could send me a debug build with the sources they used to
> build it, it would be easier to step through using gdb...
>
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 12:34 AM, J Decker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> alas, not easily... be almost easier for me to compile source with
>> debug and run gdb against it... the big thing that 3.81 had was an
>> error with foreach in if conditionals... but that I'm sure isn't an
>> issue anymore - I've been using 'remake' 3.81 +debugger... cause that
>> bug was fixed... maybe it causes a crash now, but I forget where that
>> is

>>> Would it be possible for you to provide a simple test case that
>>> reproduces the error?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>
>>> --
>>> Chris Sutcliffe
>>> http://emergedesktop.org
>>> http://www.google.com/profiles/ir0nh34d

>>> [hidden email]
>>>
>>> This list observes the Etiquette found at
>>> http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
>>> We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

Makefile (558 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

d3x0r
Is this thread too old? noone's paying attention?  there is something
wrong with the make posted on sourceforge, that I cannot reproduce by
recompiling the sources myself.  There is somethiing wrong
specifically with that build, and is not an issue with make itself.

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 2:11 PM, J Decker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Okay I narrowed it down to almost its simplest form... It seems to be
> a buffer overrun somewhere, because if I reduce the number of sources
> specified, or shorten the FBASEDIR variable it doesn't crash, and
> results isntead with 'no rule to make'... but until then the
> mingw32-make built and posted on sourceforge as binary crashes when
> run against this makefile.
>
> ---------------------------
>
> FBASEDIR=src/freetype-2.4.1/src
>
> FT_SRCS=autofit/autofit \
>     bdf/bdf \
>     cff/cff  pcf/pcf \
>     pfr/pfr \
>     psaux/psaux \
>     pshinter/pshinter  \
>     raster/raster \
>     sfnt/sfnt \
>     smooth/smooth \
>     truetype/truetype
>
> SRCS1+=$(foreach src,$(FT_SRCS),$(FBASEDIR)/$(src))
>
> VPATH:=$(sort . $(VPATH) $(subst /:,,$(foreach OBJ,$(SRCS1),$(dir $(OBJ)): )))
>
> all: | $(sort $(VPATH))

Re: Updated: mingw32-make 3.82

Earnie Boyd
J Decker wrote:
> Is this thread too old? noone's paying attention?  there is something
> wrong with the make posted on sourceforge, that I cannot reproduce by
> recompiling the sources myself.  There is somethiing wrong
> specifically with that build, and is not an issue with make itself.

http://www.mingw.org/Reporting_Bugs

-- http://www.for-my-kids.com

12