Updated: binutils-2.19-2-mingw32-bin.tar.gz

Updated: binutils-2.19-2-mingw32-bin.tar.gz

Chris Sutcliffe-2
Due to a packaging bug in the original binary release, I've uploaded a
new binary release of binutils 2.19:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/binutils-2.19-2-mingw32-bin.tar.gz

Cheers!

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org

Re: Updated: binutils-2.19-2-mingw32-bin.tar.gz

Роман Донченко
Chris Sutcliffe <[hidden email]>
писал(а) в своём письме Sun, 01 Feb 2009 08:36:45 +0300:

> Due to a packaging bug in the original binary release, I've uploaded a
> new binary release of binutils 2.19:
>
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/binutils-2.19-2-mingw32-bin.tar.gz
>
> Cheers!
>
> Chris

Can you tell what the bug was so we can fix it in the local installation
tree?

Roman.

--
Manually typed signature.

Re: Updated: binutils-2.19-2-mingw32-bin.tar.gz

Chris Sutcliffe-2
> Can you tell what the bug was so we can fix it in the local installation
> tree?

There was a 'dir' file located in the 'info' subdirectory.

Cheers!

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org

Re: Updated: binutils-2.19-2-mingw32-bin.tar.gz

Keith Marshall
On Sunday 01 February 2009 15:21:38 Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> > Can you tell what the bug was so we can fix it in the local
> > installation tree?
>
> There was a 'dir' file located in the 'info' subdirectory.

Which means that, if you installed the binutils-2.19-mingw32-bin
binary, and you use info, you will need to rebuild your info/dir file
from scratch, to reinstate the gcc documentation, (and any other that
you may have added).  For more information, see:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1712703&group_id=2435&atid=102435

If you don't use info as a documentation reference, (and if you are
not an MSYS user, you likely don't), or if this means nothing to you,
then you can probably safely ignore the issue.  If you *do* use info,
and you install this repackaged binutils-2.19-2-bin binary, then you
should run install-info manually, to add the binutils references to
your existing info/dir file.