UPDATE: GCC, MPC, MPFR, LIBICONV, GETTEXT

UPDATE: GCC, MPC, MPFR, LIBICONV, GETTEXT

Earnie Boyd
In order to correct the packaging issues I released GCC-4.8.1-3,
MPC-1.0.1-2 and MPFR-3.1.2-2.  As well I updated some issues in the
catalogue files for LIBICONV and GETTEXT.

CLUI
mingw-get update
mingw-get upgrade gcc g++ mpc mpfr libiconv gettext

GUI
Installation>Update Catalogue
Installation>Mark All Upgrades **
Installation>Apply Changes
** Or scroll and choose what to upgrade.

Note that I tested downgrading with a specified version as well as
choosing to install mingw-developer-tools without any issue of errors
being displayed.

Re: UPDATE: GCC, MPC, MPFR, LIBICONV, GETTEXT

George Gillan
I did the update as you outlined and ran into errors. First, during the catalogue update, there were two pop-ups with errors than left the screen before I could capture them. Then, during applying the changes, there were these errors:

Next I wiped out my installation and did a clean install. During applying changes there were two strings of errors:

and

The two strings seem to refer to the same files.

George

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]> wrote:
In order to correct the packaging issues I released GCC-4.8.1-3,
MPC-1.0.1-2 and MPFR-3.1.2-2.  As well I updated some issues in the
catalogue files for LIBICONV and GETTEXT.

CLUI
mingw-get update
mingw-get upgrade gcc g++ mpc mpfr libiconv gettext

GUI
Installation>Update Catalogue
Installation>Mark All Upgrades **
Installation>Apply Changes
** Or scroll and choose what to upgrade.

Note that I tested downgrading with a specified version as well as
choosing to install mingw-developer-tools without any issue of errors
being displayed.

Re: UPDATE: GCC, MPC, MPFR, LIBICONV, GETTEXT

David Gressett

>> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> In order to correct the packaging issues I released GCC-4.8.1-3,
>> MPC-1.0.1-2 and MPFR-3.1.2-2.  As well I updated some issues in the
>> catalogue files for LIBICONV and GETTEXT.
>>
>> CLUI
>> mingw-get update
>> mingw-get upgrade gcc g++ mpc mpfr libiconv gettext
>>
>> GUI
>> Installation>Update Catalogue
>> Installation>Mark All Upgrades **
>> Installation>Apply Changes
>> ** Or scroll and choose what to upgrade.
>>
>> Note that I tested downgrading with a specified version as well as
>> choosing to install mingw-developer-tools without any issue of errors
>> being displayed.
>>
>> --
>> Earnie
>>
>From: George Gillan Friday, September 27, 2013 12:10 PM

>Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] UPDATE: GCC, MPC, MPFR, LIBICONV, GETTEXT

> I did the update as you outlined and ran into errors. First, during the
> catalogue update, there were two pop-ups with errors than left the screen
> before I could capture them. Then, during applying the changes, there were
> these errors:

> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByVleYydeDVcblVpQVRiSGF3bHc/edit?usp=sharing

> Next I wiped out my installation and did a clean install. During applying
> changes there were two strings of errors:

> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByVleYydeDVcaS1ZRm9YcmIwNFU/edit?usp=sharing

> and

> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByVleYydeDVcaVo3aHM5cVhGNGc/edit?usp=sharing

> The two strings seem to refer to the same files.

> George

Top post corrected. Please don't top post.

I didn't see anything like that. I had three popups when doing Mark All Upgrades;
these referred to packages which were not installed, but when Mark All Upgrades
completed, they were marked to be installed and all upgrades and the three installs
proceeded with no problems.

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 11:05 AM, David Gressett <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>      In order to correct the packaging issues I released GCC-4.8.1-3,
>>      MPC-1.0.1-2 and MPFR-3.1.2-2.  As well I updated some issues in the
>>      catalogue files for LIBICONV and GETTEXT.
>>
>>      CLUI
>>      mingw-get update
>>      mingw-get upgrade gcc g++ mpc mpfr libiconv gettext
>>
>>      GUI
>>      Installation>Update Catalogue
>>      Installation>Mark All Upgrades **
>>      Installation>Apply Changes
>>      ** Or scroll and choose what to upgrade.
>>
>>      Note that I tested downgrading with a specified version as well as
>>      choosing to install mingw-developer-tools without any issue of errors
>>      being displayed.
>>
>>      --
>>      Earnie
>>
>From: George Gillan Friday, September 27, 2013 12:10 PM

>Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] UPDATE: GCC, MPC, MPFR, LIBICONV, GETTEXT

> I did the update as you outlined and ran into errors. First, during the
> catalogue update, there were two pop-ups with errors than left the screen
> before I could capture them. Then, during applying the changes, there were
> these errors:

> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByVleYydeDVcblVpQVRiSGF3bHc/edit?usp=sharing

> Next I wiped out my installation and did a clean install. During applying
> changes there were two strings of errors:

> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByVleYydeDVcaS1ZRm9YcmIwNFU/edit?usp=sharing

> and

> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByVleYydeDVcaVo3aHM5cVhGNGc/edit?usp=sharing

> The two strings seem to refer to the same files.

> George

Top post corrected. Please don't top post.

I didn't see anything like that. I had three popups when doing Mark All Upgrades;
these referred to packages which were not installed, but when Mark All Upgrades
completed, they were marked to be installed and all upgrades and the three installs
proceeded with no problems.

​Additional information, then: Here is the list of packages installed before I tried the update.

The clean install was for the same packages (although of course with nothing already installed.

George

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 1:09 PM, George Gillan wrote:
> I did the update as you outlined and ran into errors. First, during the
> catalogue update, there were two pop-ups with errors than left the screen
> before I could capture them. Then, during applying the changes, there were
> these errors:

If you had errors updating the catalogue then the most likely scenario
is that the download from SF did not complete.  That means you did not
have an updated catalogue which resolved

> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByVleYydeDVcblVpQVRiSGF3bHc/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Next I wiped out my installation and did a clean install. During applying
> changes there were two strings of errors:

What does "wipe out" and "clean install" mean?  Do you mean you marked
everything for removal and removed it and then installed?  If so you
still did not have the updated catalogue due to the previous download
errors.

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 1:09 PM, George Gillan wrote:
> I did the update as you outlined and ran into errors. First, during the
> catalogue update, there were two pop-ups with errors than left the screen
> before I could capture them. Then, during applying the changes, there were
> these errors:

If you had errors updating the catalogue then the most likely scenario
is that the download from SF did not complete.  That means you did not
have an updated catalogue which resolved

The catalogue update reported completing successfully, but (as mentioned) I did note the two pop-ups with errors which I was unable to catch in time to screen-capture them. ​​

> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByVleYydeDVcblVpQVRiSGF3bHc/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Next I wiped out my installation and did a clean install. During applying
> changes there were two strings of errors:

What does "wipe out" and "clean install" mean?  Do you mean you marked
everything for removal and removed it and then installed?  If so you
still did not have the updated catalogue due to the previous download
errors.

'Wipe out' and 'clean​​ install' meant pretty literally in this case: delete C:\MinGW directory tree and install from scratch by running mingw-get-setup.exe.

George