Trouble Integrating GSL

Andy beet
Hi all,

I am new to MinGW and am finding a lot of the documentation confusing. I
was wondering if someone could help.

I have a windows machine (xp pro). I have just installed MinGW 5.1.6 and
now i am in the process of getting GSL to work within it.

I installed MinGW in c:\MinGW as expressed in the documentation. I have
also added c:\MinGW\bin to the environmental variable. I can now compile
c code. I am now trying to add the GSL as my c code includes functions
from this library.

I unzipped the latest version of GSL (1.13) into a folder called gsl and
placed it in c:\MinGW\include. Is this the right place for it?? Now when
i navigate to c:\MinGW\include\gsl in a dos window and type ./configure
i get the message " '.' is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program or batch file"

Can anyone let me know what it is i am doing wrong? I am guessing a lot!

thanks in advance

Andy

--
Andy Beet
Marine Policy Center

A: Yes.
> Q: Is it really?
>> A: Because the logical conversation flow is disrupted.
>>> Q: Why does MinGW object to top posting?
(abstracted from Larry Hall signature)

2) Thread hijacking

Re: Trouble Integrating GSL

Uwe R.
Hi!

>I am new to MinGW and am finding a lot of the documentation confusing. I
>was wondering if someone could help.
>
>I have a windows machine (xp pro). I have just installed MinGW 5.1.6 and
>now i am in the process of getting GSL to work within it.
>
>I installed MinGW in c:\MinGW as expressed in the documentation. I have
>also added c:\MinGW\bin to the environmental variable. I can now compile
>c code. I am now trying to add the GSL as my c code includes functions
>from this library.
>
>I unzipped the latest version of GSL (1.13) into a folder called gsl and
>placed it in c:\MinGW\include. Is this the right place for it?? Now when
>i navigate to c:\MinGW\include\gsl in a dos window and type ./configure
>i get the message " '.' is not recognized as an internal or external
>command, operable program or batch file"
>
>Can anyone let me know what it is i am doing wrong? I am guessing a lot!

You need to install msys to use ./configure.
Remind to include path variables to msys and mingw.
Then cd to the gsl subdir and use
./configure
make
make install

I copied then the gsl files into include and lib subdir of mingw.
It works fine with mingw 4.3.0 and 4.4.0

Best regards,
Uwe

PD Dr. Uwe Rossow
TU Braunschweig