Support for bash functions

Eric Chamberlain

I am using the git for windows bash shell and I cannot seem to define and use a shell function.

I understand that mingw is the implementation used by git-for-windows to implement their bash shell.

So my question for this distribution:   Is there support for bash functions in mingw?

Thanks.

Tevya

Re: Support for bash functions

Mcgroder, James
Friday, August 01, 2014 1:31 PM Eric wrote:
> [.] Is there support for bash functions in MinGW?

Seems to me there is. here is a simple one I have in my .profile:

function vi (){
c:/mingw/msys/1.0/local/bin/winvi32.exe $1 &
}

I routinely utilize others with a little more sophistication too.

HTH
--
Jim

Re: Support for bash functions

Eric Chamberlain
Sorry for bothering you all with my post.  I found my problem and I have functions working now.

 == Tevya ==

Friday, August 01, 2014 1:31 PM Eric wrote:
> [.] Is there support for bash functions in MinGW?

Seems to me there is. here is a simple one I have in my .profile:

function vi (){
c:/mingw/msys/1.0/local/bin/winvi32.exe $1 & }

I routinely utilize others with a little more sophistication too.

HTH
--
Jim

Want fast and easy access to all the code in your enterprise? Index and search up to 200,000 lines of code with a free copy of Black Duck Code Sight - the same software that powers the world's largest code search on Ohloh, the Black Duck Open Hub! Try it now.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/bds