Sorry about that last email

Eric Fowler
Forgot to send plain text.

Don't spank me. I promise to be good.

Eric
________________________________
The information in this email, and any attachments, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It must not be disclosed to any person(s) without authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorized to, and must not, disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately.

Re: Sorry about that last email

Keith Marshall
On 11/02/16 20:08, Eric Fowler wrote:
> The information in this email, and any attachments, may contain
> confidential information ... yada yada yada ...

Too bad, if it did, because you just placed it in the public domain!

Please don't append this sort of legally unenforceable, moronic
corporate gobbldegook to postings on public mailing lists.

Re: Sorry about that last email

Eric Fowler
Hey, you just admitted reading it.

You weren't s'pose to do that, man! Now you will be sued.

Seriously, I work in a corporation that employs people who get off on writing scripts to append that crap to all of my mail. I can't turn it off by any means I know about.

Eric

> The information in this email, and any attachments, may contain
> confidential information ... yada yada yada ...

Too bad, if it did, because you just placed it in the public domain!

Please don't append this sort of legally unenforceable, moronic corporate gobbldegook to postings on public mailing lists.

Public key available from keys.gnupg.net Key fingerprint: C19E C018 1547 DE50 E1D4 8F53 C0AD 36C6 347E 5A3F

________________________________

On 12/02/16 17:46, Eric Fowler wrote:
> Seriously, I work in a corporation that employs people who get off on
> writing scripts to append that crap to all of my mail.

Which just shows what a bunch of numskulls you work for.

> I can't turn it off by any means I know about.

Where there's a will, there's usually a way.  If you can't bypass the
corporate IT department's stupidity, use webmail, from an account which
is beyond their control; that's what I used to do, when the company I
worked for engaged in similar lunacy.

Re: Sorry about that last email

Earnie Boyd
On 2/12/2016 3:00 PM, Keith Marshall wrote:
> On 12/02/16 17:46, Eric Fowler wrote:
>> Seriously, I work in a corporation that employs people who get off on
>> writing scripts to append that crap to all of my mail.
>
> Which just shows what a bunch of numskulls you work for.

Really this is just a smack to the Corporate Lawyers Department's
mantra.  Let's make sure the IP is protected regardless of where the
mail is going.  The use of the corporate mail system to the outside
world may be in question as well; is the OP breaking policy using the
corporate SMTP to send mail to a public list?

>> I can't turn it off by any means I know about.
>
> Where there's a will, there's usually a way.  If you can't bypass the
> corporate IT department's stupidity, use webmail, from an account which
> is beyond their control; that's what I used to do, when the company I
> worked for engaged in similar lunacy.

Which again may be breaking the corporate policies.  You should get
permission to do so.

Fortunately for me I've not had such issues and currently I'm currently
in a situation that if I access public lists I use my private computer
not the corporate one.  Just one of the benefits of telecommuting.