Re: "No regcomp library function" error during configure

Re: "No regcomp library function" error during configure

Guillaume BRAUX
> Hello,
> Regcomp cames on gnulib. Maybe you should download the last version
> and include it using LIBFLAGS and LDFLAGS.

Ok, finally, thanks for your help and your answers, I found the (easy)
solution ....
I just had to add LIBS="-lregex" as an argument to my configure command !

One more question, still on the same subject :
I also got error "No sigaction library function" in configure. Do you
know if a sigaction library package exists for mingw ? I found some
websites saying that sigaction is not supported on mingw ...
Please, tell me it is now !

Guillaume

Re: "No regcomp library function" error during configure

Tor Lillqvist
> Do you know if a sigaction library package exists for mingw ?

Signals are a POSIX concept and don't exist on Windows.

(Sure, one could write a "sigaction library package" that would just
contain no-op dummy functions, but that would be quite pointless and
misleading as misguided programmers would then no doubt think that it
would actually provide POSIX signal functionality.)

You just have to check whether the code you are trying to build
actually *requires* signals to do its job. That is unlikely. Most
likely it is just guarding against exceptional conditions by using
signal handlers, or providing a means to "signal" a running process to
turn on/off debugging or something by sending it a signal. (The
SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 signals are occasionally used for things like that
in POSIX.) Just ifdef out the signal stuff.

> I found some websites saying that sigaction is not supported on mingw ...

You should understand that mingw is "just" a compiler and linker etc.
It's not up to mingw to "support" features like signals that don't
exist in the underlying C library or operating system.

Random web searches is not really the best way to learn everything.
There is ample documentation at msdn.microsoft.com.