Quantcast

Re: Out of memory exception when install perl modulewith mingw shifted perl 5.8.8

Re: Out of memory exception when install perl modulewith mingw shifted perl 5.8.8

Bruce
Thanks for the response.

I didn't install any other perl distribution, just check the perl package and apply the change in the guimain.exe at mingw/libexec/mingw-get directory.
I think it is the mingw perl distribution. And the version is 5.8.8.0. The perl.exe file is located at mingw/msys/1.0/bin.

Anyhelp?
-Bruce

From: "Earnie";<[hidden email]>;
Date: Mon, Apr 3, 2017 00:28 AM
To: "mingw-users"<[hidden email]>;

Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Out of memory exception when install perl modulewith mingw shifted perl 5.8.8

On 4/2/2017 7:35 AM, Bruce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to mingw and perl, but a perl application I want to use need to
> install a few perl modules.
> I install mingw 32 bit on my win 10 64bit.
> I install gcc compiler and perl. After that I install perl module using
> perl cpan.
> Cpan works but throw an exception when downloading package using LWP.

What perl distribution are you using?

> $cpan
> cpan>install Date::Calc
>
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /home/liubl/.cpan/Metadata
> Going to read /home/liubl/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
> CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok
> Going to read /home/liubl/.cpan/sources/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
> Database was generated on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 16:29:02 GMT
>
> There's a new CPAN.pm version (v2.16) available!
> [Current version is v1.7602]
> You might want to try
>   install Bundle::CPAN
>   reload cpan
> without quitting the current session. It should be a seamless upgrade
> while we are running...
>
> Out of memory during request for 40 bytes, total sbrk() is 267528192 bytes!
> Lockfile removed.

It might depend on the perl distribution.

> Is there any solution to this?

Maybe but unknown at the moment.

We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

Re: Out of memory exception when install perl modulewith mingw shifted perl 5.8.8

Earnie Boyd
Please do not top post.

On 4/8/2017 5:07 AM, Bruce wrote:
> Thanks for the response.
>
> I didn't install any other perl distribution, just check the perl
> package and apply the change in the guimain.exe at
> mingw/libexec/mingw-get directory.
> I think it is the mingw perl distribution. And the version is 5.8.8.0.
> The perl.exe file is located at mingw/msys/1.0/bin.

This isn't a MinGW perl it is a MSYS perl which is why I was asking.
You'll need a MSYS development environment to install changes to that
perl.  This is the reason for your issue.

MSYS perl only exists to help support the use of autoconf's configure
scripts.  It is a requirement for autoconf and a native version cannot
be used because it doesn't understand the POSIX paths.

Depending on your use you may want to instead install something like
Strawberry PERL.  However if you are using MSYS to execute configure and
require added modules while doing so then installing the MSYS
development environment is the only option you will have.

> Anyhelp?

Not really! ;)

> -Bruce

> From: "Earnie";<>;
> Date: Mon, Apr 3, 2017 00:28 AM
> To: "mingw-users"<>;

Please elide the email addresses.
Also please configure your client to do proper mail list style quoting.

--->8----8<----

Please take time to read this.

Re: Out of memory exception when install perlmodulewith mingw shifted perl 5.8.8

Bruce
> Please do not top post.
Sorry, I just read Etiquette.

> On 4/8/2017 5:07 AM, Bruce wrote:
> > Thanks for the response.
> >
> > I didn't install any other perl distribution, just check the perl
> > package and apply the change in the guimain.exe at
> > mingw/libexec/mingw-get directory.
> > I think it is the mingw perl distribution. And the version is 5.8.8.0.
> > The perl.exe file is located at mingw/msys/1.0/bin.
> >

> This isn't a MinGW perl it is a MSYS perl which is why I was asking.
> You'll need a MSYS development environment to install changes to that
> perl.  This is the reason for your issue.

> MSYS perl only exists to help support the use of autoconf's configure
> scripts.  It is a requirement for autoconf and a native version cannot
> be used because it doesn't understand the POSIX paths.

> Depending on your use you may want to instead install something like
> Strawberry PERL.  However if you are using MSYS to execute configure and
> require added modules while doing so then installing the MSYS
> development environment is the only option you will have.

Thanks, very clear. I will try msys perl devlopment environment.

> > Anyhelp?

> Not really! ;)

Really helped, thanks again.

-Bruce