Re: Msys sh stackdump during make

Adam Rosi-Kessel
I've got the same problem. sh.exe stack dumps whatever I try to build.
Right now I'm trying to build gnucash and songbird, each according to
the recommended build method. The stack dumps seem random -- sometimes I
get a few steps into the build; sometimes it dumps immediately. I am
never able to complete a build.

I've tried msys 1.0.1, as well as the latest stable version (1.0.10).
I've also tried the mozilla-build 1.3 msys, as recommended by songbird.
They all behave the same.

I've never had a logitech camera and have none of the related drivers or
services that seem to come up most frequently in discussions of this
problem.

The only thing I've noticed is disabling on-access virus scanning seems
to slightly reduce the frequency of crashes, but I'm still not able to
build anything.

Any ideas?

This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.