Proposition for a small C GUI library for MinGW users

Proposition for a small C GUI library for MinGW users

Philippe Berthault
Hello,

I've written a small C (not C++) GUI Windows library with the MinGW
compiler.

This library is named "radGui", where "rad" is the abbreviation of
"Rapid Application Development".

This library is a wrapper of the Win32 API and runs perfectly on Windows
XP and Vista.

With radGui, I'm able to build very quickly simple Windows applications
without needing any resource editor.

This library is free without any restriction. I can give it (full
sources and complete documentation) to anyone who is interested by radGui.

Philippe Berthault.

Problem pkg-config/gphoto

Uwe R.
Hi!

I would like to give the library intended for Unix libgphoto a try
with mingw/msys.
When running configure, it asks for pkg-config.
I downloaded pkg-config Version 023 but I am unable to make it.
configure complains about missing
ac_nonexistent.h
dlfcn.h
alloca.h
sys/wait.h

I am not expert on this but I understand that dlfcn has something to
do with posix.
So I tried to run configure under msys with LIBS=-lposix but then I
receive the error message
C compiler cannot create executables.

I am using mingw 4.4.0 with the updated packages for both mingw and msys.
msysDTK etc. has been added and compiling e.g. project mathGL or FLTK
went fine.

Does anybody know how to solve this and has anybody tried to compile
gphoto for win32?

Thanks!
Uwe

___________________________
PD Dr. Uwe Rossow
TU Braunschweig
Inst. f. Angewandte Physik
Mendelssohnstr. 2
38106 Braunschweig
Fax: 0531-391 8511
Email: [hidden email]
Tel.: 0531-391 8523 (good luck!)

Re: Proposition for a small C GUI library for MinGW users

lrn-2
On 26.02.2010 13:54, Philippe Berthault wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've written a small C (not C++) GUI Windows library with the MinGW
> compiler.
>
> This library is named "radGui", where "rad" is the abbreviation of
> "Rapid Application Development".
>
> This library is a wrapper of the Win32 API and runs perfectly on Windows
> XP and Vista.
>
> With radGui, I'm able to build very quickly simple Windows applications
> without needing any resource editor.
>
> This library is free without any restriction. I can give it (full
> sources and complete documentation) to anyone who is interested by radGui.
>
> Philippe Berthault.

Can i take a look at the API?

Re: Problem pkg-config/gphoto

You can get pkg-config prebuilt here:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/dependencies/pkg-config_0.23-3_win32.zip

Also  get http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/dependencies/pkg-config-dev_0.23-3_win32.zip
if you need to re-autogen something that needs pkg.m4.

pkg-config.exe depends on libglib-2.0-0.dll, in
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/glib/2.22/glib_2.22.4-1_win32.zip
.