Problem with installing running current MinGW on XP

Problem with installing running current MinGW on XP

Martin Reekie
Folks,

Apologies if I'm being stupid here, but I've hit a problem installing
MinGW on two Windows XP machines.  I installed on a Windows 7 PC and all
was well.  I then went through the same download and installation
process on two WIndows XP machines, and the installation went fine, but
on trying to compile I always get the message:
"The procedure entry point libiconv could not be located in the dynamic
link library libiconv-2.dll".

I believe I have set the path correctly with C:\MinGW\bin near the front.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Martin

* Dr Martin Reekie                           *
* Senior Lecturer                            *
* School of Engineering                      *
* The University of Edinburgh                *
* King's Buildings, Mayfield Road            *
* Edinburgh  EH9 3JL                         *
* Tel +44 131 650 5563                       *
* FAX +44 131 650 6554                       *

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Re: Problem with installing running current MinGW on XP

Martin Reekie
Folks,

Sorry to bother you with that last email - I have solved the problem.
Somehow (I don't know how) there was a file called libiconv-2.dll in my
own C:\bin directory, which is higher up my path than C:\MinGW\bin.  On
renaming that MinGW compiles fine.  I don't know what *won't* work
because of me renaming the libiconv-2.dll in my C:\bin directory, but
that's for another day!

Martin