Problem with conflicting types and previous redefinitions

Problem with conflicting types and previous redefinitions

Germán Arias
Hi all. I'm having problems to compile gnustep-gui on mingw. See
attached image (I can't copy&paste from virtual machine to my OS). There
is a way to avoid this problem? Or I will need to edit the headers?

Thanks.
Germán

errorGui.jpg (74K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem with conflicting types and previous redefinitions

Keith Marshall
On 09/02/15 06:23, Germán Arias wrote:
> Hi all. I'm having problems to compile gnustep-gui on mingw. See
> attached image

You appear to have both MinGW and MSYS headers visible in your
compiler's search path; this is a recipe for disaster, and surely the
cause of your problem.

>  (I can't copy&paste from virtual machine to my OS).

Why not?  I can, from VirtualBox running either WinXP or Win7 guests, on
a LinuxMint Debian host.

> There is a way to avoid this problem?

Don't mix incompatible headers.  Get rid of the MSYS headers; you almost
certainly don't need them, and you certainly must not allow them to be
visible to the MinGW compiler.

> Or I will need to edit the headers?

No.  Just get rid of the MSYS headers; then you need to port whatever
that leaves as missing, in a MinGW compatible way.  (This includes
provision of any missing library elements, which you must compile with
the MinGW compiler; you cannot use MSYS libraries either).

El lun, 09-02-2015 a las 10:34 +0000, Keith Marshall escribió:

> On 09/02/15 06:23, Germán Arias wrote:
> > Hi all. I'm having problems to compile gnustep-gui on mingw. See
> > attached image
>
> You appear to have both MinGW and MSYS headers visible in your
> compiler's search path; this is a recipe for disaster, and surely the
> cause of your problem.
>
> >  (I can't copy&paste from virtual machine to my OS).
>
> Why not?  I can, from VirtualBox running either WinXP or Win7 guests, on
> a LinuxMint Debian host.

I will check why this don't work. I have this enabled on menu.

> > There is a way to avoid this problem?
>
> Don't mix incompatible headers.  Get rid of the MSYS headers; you almost
> certainly don't need them, and you certainly must not allow them to be
> visible to the MinGW compiler.

Thanks, that was the problem. I had installed some libraries in MSYS, so
I needed those paths. But I solved these, thanks.

> > Or I will need to edit the headers?
>
> No.  Just get rid of the MSYS headers; then you need to port whatever
> that leaves as missing, in a MinGW compatible way.  (This includes
> provision of any missing library elements, which you must compile with
> the MinGW compiler; you cannot use MSYS libraries either).

Re: Problem with conflicting types and previous redefinitions

John Brown

On  Mon, 9 Feb 2015 00:23:21 -0600, Germán Arias wrote:

> See attached image (I can't copy&paste from virtual machine to my
> OS).

Have you installed the VirtualBox Guest Additions (or VMWare Tools or
Hyper-V Integration Components or whatever your VM software calls
it)?

El mar, 10-02-2015 a las 20:56 -0500, John Brown escribió:

> On  Mon, 9 Feb 2015 00:23:21 -0600, Germán Arias wrote:

> > See attached image (I can't copy&paste from virtual machine to my
> > OS).
>
> Have you installed the VirtualBox Guest Additions (or VMWare Tools or
> Hyper-V Integration Components or whatever your VM software calls
> it)?

Is the "Guest Additions" package but I don't have this, since I don't
found where download it. But searching on internet this is at openbox
repository. So I will install it, thanks. Even documentation don't say
where get it.

Germán