Quantcast

Problem for MinGW installation

Mathilde Balduzzi
Hi,

We are willing to install minGW for compilation on Windows 7 - 64bits. We download the installation .exe in

We did create the PATH commandline 'c:\MinGW' on the environment variable (user), but if we type in our prompt (to install dependencies):
> mingw-get install zlib
> mingw-get install gmp
> mingw-get install mpfr

we have the error:

'mingw-get is not recognized as an internal or external commandline, an exe or a command file'

In the c:\MinGW\libexec\mingw-get, we have:

I also installed it on my own computer (windows XP 32 bits), but I have the same problem.

Can you help me? Thenk you very much!

--
Mathilde Balduzzi

PhD student Inria
Inria project-team Virtual Plants, joint with CIRAD and INRA
UMR AGAP
C.C. 06002
95, rue de la Galéra,
34095 Montpellier Cedex 5, France

tel : (0033) 4 67 14 97 93 / (0033) 6 78 90 72 99

Re: Problem for MinGW installation

Earnie Boyd
On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 4:55 AM, Mathilde Balduzzi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are willing to install minGW for compilation on Windows 7 - 64bits. We download the installation .exe in
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/latest/download?source=files
>
> We did create the PATH commandline 'c:\MinGW' on the environment variable (user), but if we type in our prompt (to install dependencies):

That PATH entry should have been c:\MinGW\bin.

> > mingw-get install zlib
> > mingw-get install gmp
> > mingw-get install mpfr
>

> we have the error:
>
> 'mingw-get is not recognized as an internal or external commandline, an exe or a command file'

Because it did not find mingw-get on PATH.

> In the c:\MinGW\libexec\mingw-get, we have:
>

> I also installed it on my own computer (windows XP 32 bits), but I have the same problem.
>
> Can you help me? Thenk you very much!

Correct the PATH or change directory to C:\MinGW\bin to execute mingw-get.

Re: Problem for MinGW installation

Mathilde Balduzzi
Hi,

I changed the PATH to c:\MinGW\bin and I wrote the command line from the directory c:\MinGW\bin. The installation did work!

Thank you very much for your help ! I wish you a good day!

Mathilde

On 22/07/13 09:55, Mathilde Balduzzi wrote:
> We did create the PATH commandline 'c:\MinGW' on the environment variable
> (user), but if we type in our prompt (to install dependencies):
>> mingw-get install zlib
>> mingw-get install gmp
>> mingw-get install mpfr

Earnie has already answered, regarding your incorrect PATH spec.

While you may need to explicitly install zlib, I'm curious as to why you
are doing so for gmp and mpfr; those, (among many others), are
dependencies of GCC itself, and will be automatically installed when you:

  mingw-get install mingw32-gcc

(with a correctly specified PATH).  Even mingw32-gcc itself will be
automatically installed, as a dependency, when you:

  mingw-get install mingw32-gcc-g++

(or any of the other language compiler packages which depend on GCC).

Re: Problem for MinGW installation

Mathilde Balduzzi
Hi,

If I understood well:

In our team, we are developping a programming platform (openalea/visualea) and the normal installation should not request to install mingw: the necessary compilation dependencies (zlib, gmp and mpfr)are included in the installation then basic users should not install them.

In our case, we had to install them manually for specific compilation (for a package which is not yet released in the plateform) so we just install the dependencies we needed.

But you're right, we could have install the full compilator dependencies !

Wish you a nice day!

Mathilde