Please help find these DLLs

Xi Shen
Hi,

I need to use the library, https://github.com/fommil/netlib-java, which depends on OpenBLAS which depends on several DLLs from mingw. They ar:
  • libgfortran-1-3.dll
  • libquadmath-0.dll
  • libgcc_s_seh-1.dll
It is possible the given name are outdated, but should have some replacement.

I just installed the 0.6.2-beta mingw, and have installed a couple of packages I think should be relevant. But I could only find some DLLs with similar name:
  • libgfortran-3.dll
  • libquadmath-0.dll
  • libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
I would like to know if the DLLs in the bottom list compatible with the ones in the upper list. How to find those exactly matches?

Thanks,
David

Re: Please help find these DLLs

revelator
libgcc_s_seh-1.dll means the needed libraries are from the mingw64 packages but as far as i know gcc-4.6 newer had seh exceptions so which version of gcc are you using ?. You can get the version from a cmd or bash shell by doing gcc -v.

Ralph Engels

Den 16-03-2015 kl. 06:15 skrev Xi Shen:
Hi,

I need to use the library, https://github.com/fommil/netlib-java, which depends on OpenBLAS which depends on several DLLs from mingw. They ar:
  • libgfortran-1-3.dll
  • libquadmath-0.dll
  • libgcc_s_seh-1.dll
It is possible the given name are outdated, but should have some replacement.

I just installed the 0.6.2-beta mingw, and have installed a couple of packages I think should be relevant. But I could only find some DLLs with similar name:
  • libgfortran-3.dll
  • libquadmath-0.dll
  • libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
I would like to know if the DLLs in the bottom list compatible with the ones in the upper list. How to find those exactly matches?

Thanks,
David

Also: [hidden email]

Re: Please help find these DLLs

Xi Shen
Hi Ralph,

I need 64bit gcc to work on 64bit Windows system.

I think I found the problem. I get mingw from the installer from http://www.mingw.org/, and it seems the installer can only install mingw32-* packages which are all 32bit.

I found a http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/, but it only provides 64bit gcc...I looked through its package manager, but I could not find any package related to fortran or math.

Any idea I can get all these 64bit DLLs? Or I have to build myself?

Thanks,
David

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:17 PM ralph engels <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

Re: Please help find these DLLs

Xi Shen
I installed all the packages from http://win-builds.org/doku.php/download_and_installation_from_windows, and I found a copy of:

  libgcc_s_seh-1.dll
  libquadmath-0.dll

But still no sight of libgfortran-1-3.dll...

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:38 AM Xi Shen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

sisyphus1

Re: Please help find these DLLs

> From: Xi Shen <[hidden email]>
> Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 23:38:36 +0000
>
> I need 64bit gcc to work on 64bit Windows system.
>
> I think I found the problem. I get mingw from the installer from
> http://www.mingw.org/, and it seems the installer can only install mingw32-*
> packages which are all 32bit.
>
> I found a http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/, but it only provides 64bit gcc...I
> looked through its package manager, but I could not find any package related to
> fortran or math.
>
> Any idea I can get all these 64bit DLLs? Or I have to build myself?

You are asking these questions in the wrong forum.  The package you
downloaded was clearly built using a port of GCC that is not the one
distributed by mingw.org.  E.g., the GCC distributed by mingw.org was
never configured to use SEH exceptions, AFAIK, so it cannot have
libgcc_s_seh-1.dll.

So the best way to solve your problem is to ask the person(s) who
produced the netlib-java package to tell you where to find the exact
version of GCC they used to build that package.  Trying to use any
other similarly-called DLLs will only get you in trouble, because of
incompatibilities between different ports of GCC.

As a side note, I think people who provide precompiled binaries that
depend on DLLs specific to certain GCC ports are making a disservice
to their users.  They should at the very least provide those DLLs from
the same site as the binaries they distribute, or even in the same
archive.  But that's me.

Re: Please help find these DLLs

Keith Marshall
On 17/03/15 07:24, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> As a side note, I think people who provide precompiled binaries that
> depend on DLLs specific to certain GCC ports are making a disservice
> to their users.  They should at the very least provide those DLLs from
> the same site as the binaries they distribute, or even in the same
> archive.  But that's me.

Not you alone, for I agree.  Any application, distributed in the form of
pre-compiled binaries without the supporting DLLs, (other than those
which are standard host system components), is just plain broken IMO.