Package an standalone app

Germán Arias
Hi all, I built my project successfully on MinGW. Now I want make an
standalone package, adding all necessary DLLs within my app. I'm
following some old instructions about how do this (with GNUstep), but
with latest mingw I'm unable to achieve this. When I launch the app I
get a window with the message (this is a translation from Spanish) "The
application stop working", and the window show some info at bottom.
Something like "The module with errors is:  libobjc-4.dll". Any idea
about how solve this? Or any advice about the correct way to achieve
this? Thanks.

Germán

Re: Package an standalone app

Eli Zaretskii
> From: Germán Arias <[hidden email]>
> Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 17:39:59 -0600
>
> Hi all, I built my project successfully on MinGW. Now I want make an
> standalone package, adding all necessary DLLs within my app. I'm
> following some old instructions about how do this (with GNUstep), but
> with latest mingw I'm unable to achieve this. When I launch the app I
> get a window with the message (this is a translation from Spanish) "The
> application stop working", and the window show some info at bottom.
> Something like "The module with errors is:  libobjc-4.dll". Any idea
> about how solve this? Or any advice about the correct way to achieve
> this? Thanks.

Either add that DLL to the package, or make a statically linked
program.

Re: Package an standalone app

Riccardo Mottola
Hi Germán,

On 04/28/1 01:39, Germán Arias wrote:
> Hi all, I built my project successfully on MinGW. Now I want make an
> standalone package, adding all necessary DLLs within my app. I'm
> following some old instructions about how do this (with GNUstep), but
> with latest mingw I'm unable to achieve this. When I launch the app I
> get a window with the message (this is a translation from Spanish) "The
> application stop working", and the window show some info at bottom.
> Something like "The module with errors is:  libobjc-4.dll". Any idea
> about how solve this? Or any advice about the correct way to achieve
> this? Thanks.

I suppose you dump more or less mingw "inside" the directory containing
your GNUstep app.
Check that libobjc-4.dll is inside said directory, as a first step.

Riccardo

Re: Package an standalone app

Germán Arias
Hi Riccardo,

El mar, 28-04-2015 a las 21:04 +0200, Riccardo Mottola escribió:

> Hi Germán,
>

> On 04/28/1 01:39, Germán Arias wrote:
> > Hi all, I built my project successfully on MinGW. Now I want make an
> > standalone package, adding all necessary DLLs within my app. I'm
> > following some old instructions about how do this (with GNUstep), but
> > with latest mingw I'm unable to achieve this. When I launch the app I
> > get a window with the message (this is a translation from Spanish) "The
> > application stop working", and the window show some info at bottom.
> > Something like "The module with errors is:  libobjc-4.dll". Any idea
> > about how solve this? Or any advice about the correct way to achieve
> > this? Thanks.
>
> I suppose you dump more or less mingw "inside" the directory containing
> your GNUstep app.
> Check that libobjc-4.dll is inside said directory, as a first step.
>
> Riccardo

libobjc-4.dll is inside the app. I forgot say this is in a virtual
machine (the same virtual machine where I'm working with MinGW), so I
tried it in a PC with Windows and it worked without problem. So maybe is
a problem with the virtual machine. Anyway I will try with other Windows
machines to be sure. Thanks.

Germán