Quantcast

Out of memory exception when install perl module with mingw shifted perl 5.8.8

Out of memory exception when install perl module with mingw shifted perl 5.8.8

Bruce
Hi,

I am new to mingw and perl, but a perl application I want to use need to install a few perl modules.
I install mingw 32 bit on my win 10 64bit.
I install gcc compiler and perl. After that I install perl module using perl cpan.
Cpan works but throw an exception when downloading package using LWP.

$cpan
cpan>install Date::Calc

CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /home/liubl/.cpan/Metadata
Going to read /home/liubl/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok
Going to read /home/liubl/.cpan/sources/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
Database was generated on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 16:29:02 GMT

There's a new CPAN.pm version (v2.16) available!
[Current version is v1.7602]
You might want to try
  install Bundle::CPAN
  reload cpan
without quitting the current session. It should be a seamless upgrade
while we are running...

Out of memory during request for 40 bytes, total sbrk() is 267528192 bytes!
Lockfile removed.

Is there any solution to this?
Thanks.
-Bruce

Re: Out of memory exception when install perl module with mingw shifted perl 5.8.8

Earnie Boyd
On 4/2/2017 7:35 AM, Bruce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to mingw and perl, but a perl application I want to use need to
> install a few perl modules.
> I install mingw 32 bit on my win 10 64bit.
> I install gcc compiler and perl. After that I install perl module using
> perl cpan.
> Cpan works but throw an exception when downloading package using LWP.

What perl distribution are you using?

> $cpan
> cpan>install Date::Calc
>
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /home/liubl/.cpan/Metadata
> Going to read /home/liubl/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
> CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok
> Going to read /home/liubl/.cpan/sources/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
> Database was generated on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 16:29:02 GMT
>
> There's a new CPAN.pm version (v2.16) available!
> [Current version is v1.7602]
> You might want to try
>   install Bundle::CPAN
>   reload cpan
> without quitting the current session. It should be a seamless upgrade
> while we are running...
>
> Out of memory during request for 40 bytes, total sbrk() is 267528192 bytes!
> Lockfile removed.

It might depend on the perl distribution.

> Is there any solution to this?

Maybe but unknown at the moment.