Next Perl Release

dhoyt

Hello,

Is there a way to track the next perl release? We’re using intltool which requires perl >= 5.8.1 and msys perl is currently at 5.6.1. I'd prefer to not use activestate perl, if it’s at all possible. Any idea how soon till the next release? What version will it support?

Thanks,
- David Hoyt

Re: Next Perl Release

lrn-2
  On 10.09.2010 6:07, Hoyt, David wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to track the next perl release? We're using intltool which requires perl>= 5.8.1 and msys perl is currently at 5.6.1. I'd prefer to not use activestate perl, if it's at all possible. Any idea how soon till the next release? What version will it support?
>
> Thanks,
> - David Hoyt
Ask msysgit developers, they already provide 5.8.8 msysperl.

Re: Next Perl Release

Charles Wilson-2
On 9/9/2010 10:07 PM, Hoyt, David wrote:
> Is there a way to track the next perl release? We're using intltool
> which requires perl >= 5.8.1 and msys perl is currently at 5.6.1. I'd
> prefer to not use activestate perl, if it's at all possible. Any idea
> how soon till the next release? What version will it support?

As soon as I get enough 'tuits scraped together, I'll be rebuilding and
repackaging the msysgit perl-5.8.8 release.  But honestly, there's just
no telling when that will be; I'm swamped.

It might be faster to download msysgit's version, and install it into
"our" c:\msys\1.0\... But do it in a "test" installation 'cause I can't
say whether following this suggestion will work...or scrog your msys
installation completely!

--
Chuck