New versions?

Abalieno
We are a year since the original release of 4.8.1, are then any plans
for newer versions?

4.8.3 came out recently and there's also a recent 4.9.0. What's the
timetable for MinGW?

Re: New versions?

Keith Marshall
On 08/06/14 09:01, Abalieno wrote:
> We are a year since the original release of 4.8.1, are then any plans
> for newer versions?

GCC-4.8.2 is already available:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/Base/gcc/Version4/experimental/gcc-4.8.2-preview/

For lack of a maintainer/release manager, this is not yet integrated
into the mingw-get delivery system.

> 4.8.3 came out recently and there's also a recent 4.9.0. What's the
> timetable for MinGW?

There isn't one.  Unless a volunteer steps forward, to manage releases,
there may be no commitment in this regard.  I'm using GCC-4.8.2 myself,
self built and cross-hosted on my GNU/Linux development box -- I don't
use MS-Windows for anything other than final testing under VirtualBox.

Re: New versions?

David Gressett
> From: Keith Marshall
> Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] New versions?

> On 08/06/14 09:01, Abalieno wrote:
>> We are a year since the original release of 4.8.1, are then any plans
>> for newer versions?

> GCC-4.8.2 is already available:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/Base/gcc/Version4/experimental/gcc-4.8.2-preview/

> For lack of a maintainer/release manager, this is not yet integrated
> into the mingw-get delivery system.

>> 4.8.3 came out recently and there's also a recent 4.9.0. What's the
>> timetable for MinGW?

> There isn't one. Unless a volunteer steps forward, to manage releases,
> there may be no commitment in this regard. I'm using GCC-4.8.2 myself,
> self built and cross-hosted on my GNU/Linux development box -- I don't
> use MS-Windows for anything other than final testing under VirtualBox.

I'm working on both 4.8.3 and 4.9.0, with Windows 7. My starting base
is the source code for the MinGW 4.8.1-4 release, which has a variety
of bells and whistles that the basic upstream gcc source does not have.
I have a lot of learning to do - I haven't successfully built gcc since V3,
and that was on SCO, not Windows.