New: msys-console-2.00b146-1

Charles Wilson-2
The console package provides a script, console-config, to download the
Console-2.00 executable from sourceforge, and install and configure it
in a manner suitable for use with MSYS and MinGW.

Note that this is not called "console2" -- the name of the upstream
project is actually "console"; we've just been using a shorthand to
refer to its version number 2.00(betaNNN).

----------  console-2.00b146-1 -- 2010 May 27 -----------
* Initial release.

console-2.00b146-1-msys.RELEASE_NOTES.txt
console-2.00b146-1-msys-1.0.14-bin.tar.lzma
console-2.00b146-1-msys-1.0.14-doc.tar.lzma
console-2.00b146-1-msys-1.0.14-lic.tar.lzma
console-2.00b146-1-msys-1.0.14-src.tar.lzma

http://mingw.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mingw/mingw-dist/msys/msys-console.xml?view=markup

Re: New: msys-console-2.00b146-1

leledumbo

Can you tell what's wrong with it's default configuration? I don't have
problems running msys from it (even vim coloring runs perfectly!).

On 5/31/2010 9:34 AM, leledumbo wrote:

> Can you tell what's wrong with it's default configuration? I don't have
> problems running msys from it (even vim coloring runs perfectly!).

Search the mailing list.  But for one thing, the configuration installed
by this package sets up configurations for an msys-dvlpr environment
(CTRL-F2), a cmd.exe environment (CTRL-F3), and an (optional) cygwin
environment (CTRL-F4).

--
Chucj

Re: New: msys-console-2.00b146-1

Keith Marshall
On Monday 31 May 2010 18:34:33 Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 5/31/2010 9:34 AM, leledumbo wrote:
> > Can you tell what's wrong with it's default configuration? I
> > don't have problems running msys from it (even vim coloring runs
> > perfectly!).
>
> Search the mailing list.  But for one thing, the configuration
> installed by this package sets up configurations for an msys-dvlpr
> environment (CTRL-F2), a cmd.exe environment (CTRL-F3), and an
> (optional) cygwin environment (CTRL-F4).

Also, (and I have mentioned this before -- hence Chuck's advice to
search the list archives), some of it's default key bindings just get
in the way: Ctrl-D dumps some state file, but MSYS wants it for EOF;
Ctrl-S brings up the settings dialogue, when it should be XOFF, so
XON/XOFF doesn't work as it should.