MinGW is, as usual, lacking current support.

MinGW is, as usual, lacking current support.

d3x0r
Since windows vista came out there has been a function
'UpdateLayeredWindowIndirect' which mingw is lacking a definition for.
 The signature and related strucutre look something like this.

typedef struct tagUPDATELAYEREDWINDOWINFO {
    DWORD               cbSize;
    HDC                 hdcDst;
    POINT CONST         *pptDst;
    SIZE CONST          *psize;
    HDC                 hdcSrc;
    POINT CONST         *pptSrc;
    COLORREF            crKey;
    BLENDFUNCTION CONST *pblend;
    DWORD               dwFlags;
    RECT CONST          *prcDirty;
} UPDATELAYEREDWINDOWINFO;

( BOOL (WINAPI *)(HWND,const UPDATELAYEREDWINDOWINFO *))LoadFunction(
"user32.dll", "UpdateLayeredWindowIndirect" );

If support for this could be added, say, 3 months ago, that would be
just dandy.... but sometime within the next 3 years would be alright
too... heck vista's only been out since November 8, 2006.

Fwd: MinGW is, as usual, lacking current support.

d3x0r

Re: MinGW is, as usual, lacking current support.

Chris Wilson-4
Hi "J",

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, J Decker wrote:

> If support for this could be added, say, 3 months ago, that would be
> just dandy.... but sometime within the next 3 years would be alright
> too... heck vista's only been out since November 8, 2006.

Sarcasm and multiple postings don't get features added. Patches and public
documentation on MSDN get features added.

Remember we're all volunteers here, nobody gets paid to add
UpdateLayeredWindowIndirect() or anything else to the MinGW headers, as
far as I know.

Cheers, Chris.
--
_ ___ __     _
  / __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <0000 at qwirx.com> - Cambs UK |

Re: MinGW is, as usual, lacking current support.

Earnie Boyd
Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi "J",
>
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, J Decker wrote:
>
>> If support for this could be added, say, 3 months ago, that would be
>> just dandy.... but sometime within the next 3 years would be alright
>> too... heck vista's only been out since November 8, 2006.
>
> Sarcasm and multiple postings don't get features added. Patches and public
> documentation on MSDN get features added.

And can cause your account to be moderated.

> Remember we're all volunteers here, nobody gets paid to add
> UpdateLayeredWindowIndirect() or anything else to the MinGW headers, as
> far as I know.

And remember that "we" includes *you*.  Please refer to
http://www.mingw.org/Reporting_Bugs and
http://www.mingw.org/wiki/SubmitPatches for details on how to help.

-- http://www.for-my-kids.com

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Chris Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi "J",
>
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, J Decker wrote:
>
>> If support for this could be added, say, 3 months ago, that would be
>> just dandy.... but sometime within the next 3 years would be alright
>> too... heck vista's only been out since November 8, 2006.
>
> Sarcasm and multiple postings don't get features added.

THe first posting I sent before I joined the list, and I got no yes or
no back that it had gotten sent.  I didn't mean to send it twice.

Patches and public

> documentation on MSDN get features added.
>
> Remember we're all volunteers here, nobody gets paid to add
> UpdateLayeredWindowIndirect() or anything else to the MinGW headers, as far
> as I know.
>
> Cheers, Chris.
> --
>  / __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <0000 at qwirx.com> - Cambs UK |
> / (_/ ,\/ _/ /_ \ | Security/C/C++/Java/Perl/SQL/HTML Developer |
> \ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU-free your mind-and your software |

Re: MinGW is, as usual, lacking current support.

d3x0r
Well thanx for that - since the first responces I got indicate such a
negative tone for the mailing list, I'd imagine that more patches will
be met with the same indifference.