Quantcast

MinGW Fortran+Linker produces EXE instead of DLL

MinGW Fortran+Linker produces EXE instead of DLL

Cervinka, Mitch
I am using Eclipse(Mars) with MinGW, "GNU Fortran Compiler" and "GNU Fortran Linker" to build a Windows DLL from Fortran code.  This is working okay for Debug configuration, but when I switch to creating a Release build, it is producing an EXE file rather than a DLL.

I checked the Linker settings, and -shared is specified.  I compared my settings between Debug and Release, and they are the same.

Linker options:
*   Debug:  -L <lib file> -v -shared -Wl,--output-def=<def file>
*   Release:  -L <lib file> -v -shared -Wl,--output-def=<def file>

"Expert settings" (Command line pattern) are also the same ...
*   Debug:  ${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG} ${OUTPUT_PREFIX}${OUTPUT} ${INPUTS}
*   Release:  ${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG} ${OUTPUT_PREFIX}${OUTPUT} ${INPUTS}

What could I be doing wrong?

Re: MinGW Fortran+Linker produces EXE instead of DLL

Cervinka, Mitch
Problem solved.  I found a post that said you need to go to the  [Fortran build] / [Settings]  pane and select the [Build Artifact]  tab, then select "dll" as the "Artifiact extension".  Now it is building the DLL file rather than the EXE.