Maintaining a msys installation with mingw-get

Maintaining a msys installation with mingw-get

Paul Moore
Some time ago, I set up a local installation of msys with mingw-get
(command line version, 0.6.2-beta-20131004-1). Unfortunately I can't
remember exactly what packages I installed, and I'd now like to
replicate the environment on another PC.

Is there a command I can use to say "list the packaged I have
installed in C:\Utils\Msys"? As far as I can see, mingw-get list and
mingw-get show display everything, installed or not.

Thanks,
Paul

Re: Maintaining a msys installation with mingw-get

> From: Paul Moore
>
> Some time ago, I set up a local installation of msys with mingw-get
(command
> line version, 0.6.2-beta-20131004-1). Unfortunately I can't remember
exactly
> what packages I installed, and I'd now like to replicate the environment
on
> another PC.
>
> Is there a command I can use to say "list the packaged I have installed in
> C:\Utils\Msys"? As far as I can see, mingw-get list and mingw-get show
display
> everything, installed or not.

The data you seek is stored under the D:/path/to/mingw/var directory.  I
don't remember which file(s) to look at off the top of my head and the
computer I'm responding from doesn't contain an installation.

On 27 March 2015 at 14:06, Earnie <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The data you seek is stored under the D:/path/to/mingw/var directory.  I
> don't remember which file(s) to look at off the top of my head and the
> computer I'm responding from doesn't contain an installation.

Many thanks. I'd just half an hour or so ago found the
var\lib\mingw-get\data\sysroot* files, and started looking at them -
it appears they are the ones I want.

Regards,
Paul

Re: Maintaining a msys installation with mingw-get

Renato Silva

For getting an answer from mingw-get:

packages=$(mingw-get list | grep Package: | sed -E 's/Package: (\S+).*/\1/')

for package in $packages; do
    installed=$(minget $package 1 show | grep installed:)
    if [[ -n "$installed" ]]; then
        echo "$package"
        echo "$installed"
    fi
done

On 27 March 2015 at 14:06, Earnie <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The data you seek is stored under the D:/path/to/mingw/var directory.  I
> don't remember which file(s) to look at off the top of my head and the
> computer I'm responding from doesn't contain an installation.

Many thanks. I'd just half an hour or so ago found the
var\lib\mingw-get\data\sysroot* files, and started looking at them -
it appears they are the ones I want.

Regards,
Paul

We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

minget.sh (4K) Download Attachment

On 29 March 2015 at 23:25, Renato Silva <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For getting an answer from mingw-get:
>
> packages=$(mingw-get list | grep Package: | sed -E 's/Package: (\S+).*/\1/')
>
> for package in $packages; do
>     installed=$(minget $package 1 show | grep installed:)
>     if [[ -n "$installed" ]]; then
>         echo "$package"
>         echo "$installed"
>     fi
> done

Thanks. I don't seem to have a minget command in my msys environment,
or in the folder I run mingw-get from. Where should I find this
program?
Paul

Re: Maintaining a msys installation with mingw-get

Earnie Boyd
> From: Paul Moore
>
> Thanks. I don't seem to have a minget command in my msys environment, or
in
> the folder I run mingw-get from. Where should I find this program?
> Paul

I think it was a typo and he meant mingw-get instead.

On 30 March 2015 at 18:23, Earnie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks. I don't seem to have a minget command in my msys environment, or
> in
>> the folder I run mingw-get from. Where should I find this program?
>> Paul
>>

> I think it was a typo and he meant mingw-get instead.

I wondered about that, but mingw-get doesn't have the syntax he was
using (minget $package 1 show).
Paul

Re: Maintaining a msys installation with mingw-get

Renato Silva

On 29 March 2015 at 23:25, Renato Silva <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For getting an answer from mingw-get:
>
> packages=$(mingw-get list | grep Package: | sed -E 's/Package: (\S+).*/\1/')
>
> for package in $packages; do
>     installed=$(minget $package 1 show | grep installed:)
>     if [[ -n "$installed" ]]; then
>         echo "$package"
>         echo "$installed"
>     fi
> done

Thanks. I don't seem to have a minget command in my msys environment,
or in the folder I run mingw-get from. Where should I find this
program?
Paul

See the attachment in that message.

On 30 March 2015 at 20:27, Renato Silva <[hidden email]> wrote:
> See the attachment in that message.

My apologies, I missed the attachment. Thanks.
Paul

Re: Maintaining a msys installation with mingw-get

Earnie Boyd
> From: Paul Moore
>
> On 30 March 2015 at 20:27, Renato Silva <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > See the attachment in that message.
>
> My apologies, I missed the attachment. Thanks.

Ditto.