Maintainership of mingw32-make, mingw32-binutils and mingw32-gdb

Maintainership of mingw32-make, mingw32-binutils and mingw32-gdb

Chris Sutcliffe-2
Hi All,

I don't have the time to maintain the various MinGW packages that I
have for a while now:
mingw32-make
mingw32-binutils
mingw32-gdb

It would be much appreciated if someone could take them over.  If you
are interested, please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org

Re: Maintainership of mingw32-make, mingw32-binutils and mingw32-gdb

asmwarrior
On 2013-2-19 23:33, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I don't have the time to maintain the various MinGW packages that I
> have for a while now:
> mingw32-make
> mingw32-binutils
> mingw32-gdb
>
> It would be much appreciated if someone could take them over.  If you
> are interested, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

First, thanks for your great work as those package manager.
About the mingw32-gdb, you can just download the source, configure, make, make install.
The release period of the official gdb is about half a year.
Mostly you do not need any custom patches against vanilla gdb source.
I would like to help you, but I don't think I can take the job, I can only type the build command listed above.

Yuanhui Zhang

Re: Maintainership of mingw32-make, mingw32-binutils and mingw32-gdb

Earnie Boyd
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:27 AM, asmwarrior wrote:

> On 2013-2-19 23:33, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I don't have the time to maintain the various MinGW packages that I
>> have for a while now:
>> mingw32-make
>> mingw32-binutils
>> mingw32-gdb
>>
>> It would be much appreciated if someone could take them over.  If you
>> are interested, please let me know.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Chris
>>
> First, thanks for your great work as those package manager.
> About the mingw32-gdb, you can just download the source, configure, make, make install.

I hope you intended to instruct those that may be considering this!  A
hand-off of howto will be given to anyone accepting the position
though.

> The release period of the official gdb is about half a year.

Okay.

> Mostly you do not need any custom patches against vanilla gdb source.

Okay.

> I would like to help you, but I don't think I can take the job, I can only type the build command listed above.

Bummer!  Then why are you really responding?  Just to thank Chris for
his great work?  More thanks can be obtained by taking on the task.

Re: Maintainership of mingw32-make, mingw32-binutils and mingw32-gdb

> Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:27:18 +0800
> From: asmwarrior <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Chris Sutcliffe <[hidden email]>
>
> On 2013-2-19 23:33, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I don't have the time to maintain the various MinGW packages that I
> > have for a while now:
> > mingw32-make
> > mingw32-binutils
> > mingw32-gdb
> >
> > It would be much appreciated if someone could take them over.  If you
> > are interested, please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chris
> >
> First, thanks for your great work as those package manager.
> About the mingw32-gdb, you can just download the source, configure, make, make install.

It is even easier with mingw32-make.

The job is not just to build these, it's build them, package them
according to MinGW rules, fix any MinGW-specific bugs reported, etc.