Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap and libstdc++ problem

Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap and libstdc++ problem

_angelo

hello all,

my previous message abouot the gdb trap was too generic, now i have more
data. I am working with CodeBlocks, wxWidgets and mingw. I am also testing
gcc-4.3.0, but the RtlFreeHeap error is still there.

GNU gdb 6.8
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-mingw32"...
(gdb) run
Starting program:
D:\archivio\sviluppo2\barix\projects\mercury\bin\debug/mercury.exe
[New thread 3028.0xca4]
[New thread 3028.0xab8]
warning: HEAP[test.exe]:
warning: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 003E0000, 010A0D80 )

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x7c92a3e2 in ntdll!DbgUiIssueRemoteBreakin () from
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
(gdb)

Surfing the net, seems a known problem, one of the workarounds says to
download libstdc++ code and apply a patch. This is quite complicated for me
now, i really hope there could be some easy solution.

greetings,
Angelo

This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

Re: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap and libstdc++ problem

Greg Chicares
On 2008-12-30 11:29Z, _angelo wrote:

> warning: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 003E0000, 010A0D80 )
[...]
> Surfing the net, seems a known problem, one of the workarounds says to
> download libstdc++ code and apply a patch. This is quite complicated for me
> now, i really hope there could be some easy solution.

Easy, but crude:

(gdb) handle SIGTRAP noprint
SIGTRAP is used by the debugger.
Are you sure you want to change it? (y or n) y

This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

Re: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap and libstdc++ problem

RSP Software
gcj is buggy and slow

Seth -_-

RSP Software
http://rspsoftware.com.br
#55 41 3473 1527

> Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:45:27 +0000
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap and libstdc++ problem
>
> On 2008-12-30 11:29Z, _angelo wrote:
> >
> > warning: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 003E0000, 010A0D80 )
> [...]
> > Surfing the net, seems a known problem, one of the workarounds says to
> > download libstdc++ code and apply a patch. This is quite complicated for me
> > now, i really hope there could be some easy solution.
>
> Easy, but crude:
>
> (gdb) handle SIGTRAP noprint
> SIGTRAP is used by the debugger.
> Are you sure you want to change it? (y or n) y

> This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
> We ask that you be polite and do the same.

Browse other Windows Liveā„¢ services Find out more

This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

[OT] Re: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap and libstdc++ problem

Tuomo Latto
RSP Software wrote:
> gcj is buggy and slowSeth -_- RSP [hidden email]@hotmail.comhttp://rspsoftware.com.br#55 41 3473 1527 > Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:45:27 +0000> From: [hidden email]> To: [hidden email]> Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap and libstdc++ problem> > On 2008-12-30 11:29Z, _angelo wrote:> > > > warning: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 003E0000, 010A0D80 )> [...]> > Surfing the net, seems a known problem, one of the workarounds says to> > download libstdc++ code and apply a patch. This is quite complicated for me> > now, i really hope there could be some easy solution.> > Easy, but crude:> > (gdb) handle SIGTRAP noprint> SIGTRAP is used by the debugger.> Are you sure you want to change it? (y or n) y> > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------> _______________________________________________> MinGW-users mailing list> [hidden email]
or!
>  ge.net> > You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users> > _______________________________________________> This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.> We ask that you be polite and do the same.

How about a couple of line breaks next time?

--
Tuomo

... With Perl you can manipulate text, interact with programs, talk over
    networks, drive Web pages, perform arbitrary precision arithmetic,
    and write programs that look like Snoopy swearing.

This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

Re: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap and libstdc++ problem

_angelo
Many thanks,

this is not a reasonable workaround i think,
i have some difficults on passing the handle command to gdb. When i work
on my project, gdb is launched from Code::blocks, and Code Blocks IDE
seems don't allow the --command= after gdb.exe.
Then, i will probably lose the ability of setting breakpoints from my
program.

Is there a way that gdb can ignore only SIGTRAP's generated from dll's,
and not from my program directly  ?

thanks,
angelo

On 2008-12-30 13:40Z, angelo wrote:

> i have some difficults on passing the handle command to gdb. When i work
> on my project, gdb is launched from Code::blocks, and Code Blocks IDE
> seems don't allow the --command= after gdb.exe.

Then that's a deficiency of the IDE you're using.

But you can still run gdb from the command line.

> Then, i will probably lose the ability of setting breakpoints from my
> program.

'handle SIGTRAP noprint' does not interfere with breakpoints.

This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

Re: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap and libstdc++ problem

Tony Richardson
angelo <angelo70@...> writes:

> Many thanks,
>
> this is not a reasonable workaround i think,
> i have some difficults on passing the handle command to gdb. When i work
> on my project, gdb is launched from Code::blocks, and Code Blocks IDE
> seems don't allow the --command= after gdb.exe.
> Then, i will probably lose the ability of setting breakpoints from my
> program.

Code::Blocks does allow you to automatically send commands to gdb after it
starts though.  Select "Compiler and debugger ..." from the Settings
menu.  Click on "Debugger settings" in the left pane of the window that
pops up.  Enter the commands you want to send to gdb in the "Debugger
initialization commands" textfield in the right pane.  (And entering
"handle SIGTRAP noprint" worked for me.)

Tony Richardson

This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

Re: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap and libstdc++ problem

_angelo
Many thanks to all,

with this final trick i solved the problem,

regards