Installing glob.h

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Installing glob.h

John Brown
Hello All,

I am trying to compile m17n-lib and it fails because glob.h is missing.
A Google search turns up a MinGW glob.h at
http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/mingw-org-wsl/ci/master/tree/include/glob.h.

Which package should I install to get this file?

Regards,
John Brown.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dive into the World of Parallel Programming. The Go Parallel Website,
sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your
hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a
look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Installing glob.h

John Brown


On Sun, 8 Feb 2015 11:25:27 +0000, John Brown wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to compile m17n-lib and it fails because glob.h is missing.
> A Google search turns up a MinGW glob.h at
> http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/mingw-org-wsl/ci/master/tree/include/glob.h.
>
> Which package should I install to get this file?
>

OK. I see in the "Where is __dirstream_t really defined?" thread that it is in the
MinGw Runtime v3.21. Given the problem with `struct timespec' reported by
Eli Zaretskii, should we be using this version?

Regards,
John Brown.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dive into the World of Parallel Programming. The Go Parallel Website,
sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your
hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a
look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Installing glob.h

Eli Zaretskii
> From: John Brown <[hidden email]>
> Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 06:35:16 -0500
>
> OK. I see in the "Where is __dirstream_t really defined?" thread that it is in
> the
> MinGw Runtime v3.21. Given the problem with `struct timespec' reported by
> Eli Zaretskii, should we be using this version?

It depends on whether your project bumps into those problems, and if
it does, whether you can work around them.  FWIW, I could easily work
around that in building GDB, where I found the problems I reported.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dive into the World of Parallel Programming. The Go Parallel Website,
sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your
hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a
look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Installing glob.h

Keith Marshall
On 08/02/15 16:09, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: John Brown <[hidden email]>
>> Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 06:35:16 -0500
>>
>> OK. I see in the "Where is __dirstream_t really defined?" thread that it is in
>> the
>> MinGw Runtime v3.21. Given the problem with `struct timespec' reported by
>> Eli Zaretskii, should we be using this version?

IMO, definitely "yes".

> It depends on whether your project bumps into those problems, and if
> it does, whether you can work around them.  FWIW, I could easily work
> around that in building GDB, where I found the problems I reported.

The trivial patch I provided, in response to Eli's original heads up
should effectively work around any issue, (by the simple expedient of
commenting all references to nanosleep() and its associated requirement
for struct timespec out of unistd.h; if you also are concerned about the
possibility of a configure script detecting nanosleep(), you could also
delete the module which provides it from libmingwex.a).

--
Regards,
Keith.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dive into the World of Parallel Programming. The Go Parallel Website,
sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your
hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a
look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe