Installing MinGW 64-bit

chrs7777
I had the 64-bit version of MinGW installed before but I re-installed my operating system and need MinGW again.  From the sourceforge site I downloaded a file called mingw-w64-v1.0-snapshot-20100730.tar.bz2.  When I extract this file it doesn't seem to the directory structure that I had installed before.  I would like instructions on how to install this.  I hope to use it with MSYS.

Regards
Chris Saunders

Re: Installing MinGW 64-bit

Charles Wilson-2
On 8/8/2010 1:17 PM, Chris Saunders wrote:
> I had the 64-bit version of MinGW installed before but I re-installed my
> operating system and need MinGW again.  From the sourceforge site I
> downloaded a file called mingw-w64-v1.0-snapshot-20100730.tar.bz2.  When
> I extract this file it doesn't seem to the directory structure that I
> had installed before.  I would like instructions on how to install
> this.  I hope to use it with MSYS.

mingw.org provides only 32bit-capable versions of the GCC compiler for
windows.  The 64bit-capable (plus an alternate version of a
32bit-capable) gcc is provided by another team, at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/

You need to ask on their mailing lists about their products.  However,
both their compiler and ours are usable from within MSYS.

--
Chuck