How to custom draw text in a combobox?

David Brenner
Hi.

I'm a Delphi/C computer programmer.

Recently I started to improve an app called Grub4Dos installer. You can find the source code (C) here: http://reboot.pro/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=15351
And the compiled exe here:http://reboot.pro/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=15349
To compile use "make -f Makefile.dos", it will issue an error but don't mind, then "make".

In the 2 comboboxes from grubinst_gui.exe the app is displaying the drives found on OS and their partitions.
1st: "hd" + drive number + ": " + bustype + " " + vendor name + ", " + drive size + "[" + mounted volumes + "]"
2nd: "p" + partition number + ': " + filesystem ID + "(" + filesystem name + ") [" + partition size + "]"
I'm trying to find a way to display the data so the user will read it easily, even with a large number of items.
One way is to display the data on columns and to "cut" the unnecessary information when the data doesn't fit to the client area. For example the drive size and the mounted volumes can be drawn at the end of the client area, while the vendor name can be "cut" if the data can't fit.
Or you can see a better solution...

In the last few days I searched the internet for a code sample for a ownerdraw combobox that could be compiled in MinGW, couldn't find.
And this is only half of the work, have to modify it to do that specific task.

Could you please help me...?
Thank you.

Regards,
David

Re: How to custom draw text in a combobox?

Paric Pat
hi ,

I am a beginner and just wanted to settup MinGW on windows 6. But the installr just does not work: I got the error messages:

mingw-get: *** ERROR *** http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mingw-get-0.6.2-mingw32-beta-20131004-1-bin.tar.xz?download:cannot open URL
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** Get package: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mingw-get-0.6.2-mingw32-beta-20131004-1-bin.tar.xz?download: download failed

/etc etc...

I have neither firewall nor aintivirus that could prevent the download.

Plese help me,

Pat.

De : David Brenner <[hidden email]>
À : [hidden email]
Envoyé le : Dimanche 25 janvier 2015 16h45
Objet : [Mingw-users] How to custom draw text in a combobox?

[...]

We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.